2024 NFL Season Thread

The players may individually complain about overseas games, but I'd like to see a list of them who would be willing to give up the money that they get because of that game. Money talks, BS walks.
nfl players do not receive extra pay specifically for playing games in foreign countries.

nfl players do not receive extra pay specifically for playing games in foreign countries.
The foreign games became a staple when they went to 17 games, so yes it did increase their pay accordingly. I doubt they'd want to give up a game day pay to not travel abroad.

NFL has looked into the following cities to expand their international locations in the last year. Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Dublin, Sydney, and Abu Dhabi.

NFL not happy with lack of returns on the kickoffs. Talk is that they starting in 2025 would move a touchback from the 30 to the 35 yardline to encourage more returns.

NFL not happy with lack of returns on the kickoffs. Talk is that they starting in 2025 would move a touchback from the 30 to the 35 yardline to encourage more returns.
they should move it to the 50 to encourage more scoring.

I'd think that would discourage there being more returns. Why would you want to return it if you get that good of field position. I don't think the kickers are accurate enough to keep dumping it into a 20 yard zone to be honest. They'd have to go to some sort of a flat kick, to make it work.

I'd think that would discourage there being more returns. Why would you want to return it if you get that good of field position. I don't think the kickers are accurate enough to keep dumping it into a 20 yard zone to be honest. They'd have to go to some sort of a flat kick, to make it work.
Would make kickers putting it in the drop zone of 1-20 making people return the kick instead of kicking into endzone.

Back