2024 NFL Season Thread

If they trade Young Carolina would be crazy get maybe 4th or 5th for him but if a team would trade for him it should be Miami. Tua is one more concussion away from being scrambled eggs.
I think CAR owner has already decided Young isn’t his guy. They’d be crazy to keep him.

MIA would be a legit option. Young needs to sit for awhile to unlearn all the bad things he learned in CAR.

Either we are really old or some of these guys are really dumb.

we have lived during some of the most rapid changes in technology during our lifetimes. the different types of media distribution technology that i have personally used include

- 32 and 45 rpm vinyl discs (of which i still own hundreds)
- cassettes (i own a few, but i always preferred the vinyl)
- reel-to-real tapes (my dad had a reel-to-reel deck in his hi-fi setup)
- compact discs (cds - and again i own hundreds)
- mp3 and other digital downloads (i'll never buy these, but i do occasionally listen to streaming services that use them).

i can understand how it is possible that some of these kids might never have seen a vhs tape or a floppy disc. i still have about a dozen vhs tapes, but no way to play them. and it has been a very long time since i have seen a floppy disc.

Last edited:
we have lived during some of the most rapid changes in technology during our lifetimes. the different types of media distribution technology that i have personally used include

- 32 and 45 rpm vinyl discs (of which i still own hundreds)
- cassettes (i own a few, but i always preferred the vinyl)
- reel-to-real tapes (my dad had a reel-to-reel deck in his hi-fi setup)
- compact discs (cds - and again i own hundreds)
- mp3 and other digital downloads (i'll never buy these, but i do occasionally listen to streaming services that use them).

i can understand how it is possible that some of these kids might never have seen a vhs tape or a floppy disc. i still have about a doen vhs tapes, but no way to play them. and it has been a very long time since i have seen a floppy disc.
For me I was using VHS until early 2000's so just seems cray guys who are 22-24 years old never saw one.

Adam Schefter

Several teams have expressed an interest in trading for Bryce Young, despite the fact that coach Dave Canales said the Carolina Panthers do not intend to trade the former No. 1 overall pick, league sources told ESPN. The Panthers have been contacted by certain teams, according to league sources, while other teams have mulled a Young trade within their own organizations. Although the Panthers have said that they don't plan to trade Young at this time, sources around the league believe it is only a matter of time before Carolina actually does complete a deal involving the second-year quarterback -- with the most likely time coming at some point in the offseason.

Not being willing to trade Young probably has to do with what they'd lose in cap, plus how little they'd get in return. If they're gonna take a big hit on the cap, they may as well keep him, and work with him, and hope that he suddenly catches lightning in a bottle, and lives up to the hype, and they can get something of value for him, and cost them less in dead cap, by it being next year.

The moment Devonta Smith's soul left his body.

isn't it illegal for two defensive players to hold a receiver upright and a third defender to crash into the receiver like that? if not, it should be. and they should eject the guy who slams into the receiver when he was being pushed backwards and the play was essentially over.

isn't it illegal for two defensive players to hold a receiver upright and a third defender to crash into the receiver like that? if not, it should be. and they should eject the guy who slams into the receiver when he was being pushed backwards and the play was essentially over.
i know you can’t hold a guy up high while someone else hits him low

not in this context...he's technically finishing the tackle

Back