2024 Draft Thread

As of right now GB sitting 6th in draft order. AZ and Carolina with 1 win each and then a bunch of 2 win teams.

I was talking to someone who knows what they are talking about. A top level strength and conditioning coach for a Big 10 school. He told me that some teams, including the Packers, are causing injuries like hamstring pulls to happen, because of how they train and condition players, or "allow them" to condition on their own, during off seasons. He suggested they should look inside their own programs to correct the problem.

He also said that if you suggest it to these people who are running those programs, they'll come up with a thousand reasons they know better than you do, and think your program is just "lucky" to not have them happen near as often. Even if it's a history that's repeated itself for years.

I guess you might say that some people just don't listen.

By the way. His program is among the best every year, when it comes to lost games through muscle injuries.
Is the way they're conditioning adding to the risk of getting achilles tears? Lots of those in recent years.

Is the way they're conditioning adding to the risk of getting achilles tears? Lots of those in recent years.
He didn't mention that specifically. I don't know, to be honest. I got the general impression it was along the lines of non-contact injuries. So, I suppose, if it comes from just running, that could be possible.

As of right now GB sitting 6th in draft order. AZ and Carolina with 1 win each and then a bunch of 2 win teams.

That's setting up for an OT or WR. Both positions will have high value guys at that spot. That's assuming things kind of stay as-is with 2, maybe 3 QBs going in the top-5.

That's setting up for an OT or WR. Both positions will have high value guys at that spot. That's assuming things kind of stay as-is with 2, maybe 3 QBs going in the top-5.
Both Top QB have lost luster for good reason, in reality no franchise QB in the draft but 3 franchise OTs and a couple WR.

Both Top QB have lost luster for good reason, in reality no franchise QB in the draft but 3 franchise OTs and a couple WR.

Agree both are showing warts, but in a QB hungry league it's a good bet a couple of really bad teams will still take the two of them somewhere in the top-5 area. At least from a Packer fan perspective, I hope so.

Lets say GB gets pick #2 or #3. Marvin Harrison Jr is there. Do you:

1. Take Harrison Jr.
2. Take the top OT
3. Trade down to get more picks

Lets say GB gets pick #2 or #3. Marvin Harrison Jr is there. Do you:

1. Take Harrison Jr.
2. Take the top OT
3. Trade down to get more picks
Hard choice but I would go with OT

If I had one of the top 3 picks, I think I'd be looking to trade down, but not too far. Using the attached value chart, you can pretty much figure out what value you'd place on the pick. You should get more points than what you give up. You're the one holding the cards. Even in the top 5 makes sense. If someone sees what they want out there early, they might give you a lot more than you'd imagine.

Back