2023 Draft Thread

The chances of all those WR coming back and producing at the level they did for second half of the season is pretty low historically. Definitely would pick up another WR or two and let them sort it out in camp.

The chances of all those WR coming back and producing at the level they did for second half of the season is pretty low historically. Definitely would pick up another WR or two and let them sort it out in camp.
i don't know, but you got six receivers who have all looked pretty promising (plus a couple gems at tight end). even if only half of those wrs show improvement next year, i don't think wr is a priority. maybe one late round pick and a couple udfas is all we need.

OK, so based on the above, I think the areas of need are, in order: S, RB, CB, OT, ILB, EDGE, OG/C

I can't argue too much with that list. I'd put OG/OC higher only because right now you have Jenkins, Myers, and Rhyan - that's it, and neither Myers or Rhyan are particularly good. (I assume Newman and Runyan are gone.) I wouldn't mind seeing a OC/OG guy drafted late on day 2 or early day 3 (and a versatile OT in the first two rounds). I have Edge last, but that's because I'm assuming they bring back PSmith.

CBS Sports did a redraft of last years draft. 3 Packers go in 1st round.

If we decide to judge the Packers draft based on this coulda been draft, we have to say that Gute did one heckuva job. I can't argue that isn't the fact. He did get some real talent in this class. He did the same last year.

If we decide to judge the Packers draft based on this coulda been draft, we have to say that Gute did one heckuva job. I can't argue that isn't the fact. He did get some real talent in this class. He did the same last year.
Yep. Hopefully Gute can hit a homerun again in April. If he finds 4-5 guys out of this draft who can make a impact right away no reason the Packers can't compete for a Super Bowl right away this year.

Yep. Hopefully Gute can hit a homerun again in April. If he finds 4-5 guys out of this draft who can make a impact right away no reason the Packers can't compete for a Super Bowl right away this year.

Wonder which Gute we get this year - the guy who barely hit it out of the infield in '20 and '21 or the homerun drafts we got in '22 and '23. Although even the '20 draft will have to be considered a homerun if Love keeps it going.

CBS Sports did a redraft of last years draft. 3 Packers go in 1st round.

that's the glass half-full view.

i'm here to give the glass half empty view. note that the packers actual 1st round pick appears nowhere in the 1st round re-draft. and all of the packers picks that do appear fall well below the packers draft position. oh and brian branch, who was the re-draft selection for the packers, and who would have been an outstanding first round pick for the packers was not only available to them in the first round, but also in the second round.

don't get me wrong - i'm glad we got some first round talent in the later rounds. just wish we would've taken brian branch in the first round.

Talking QB in another thread.... of course it all depends on the board etc. I am a fan at this moment of if the top two studs are gone of holding until round 2/3 and going after Tyler Van Dyke

I'm confused. Didn't he transfer to Wisconsin? Was that just a rumor? Did he change his mind?

I think I was confused and this is from very early,

Anyway, I like the idea of continuing to bring in a quarterback in the later rounds.

Back