2022 NFL News

Maybe. And they could settle also
Heard Watson turned down settlement offer before judge issued ruling. NFL offered 12 games and fine of $8-10 million and Watson refused to take anything more then 6-8 games.

Well that’s what the suspension was based on, sexual conduct
Main issue I see does NFL have right to break from former rulings in which judge based her punishment off. That will be for a federal judge to decide.

Main issue I see does NFL have right to break from former rulings in which judge based her punishment off. That will be for a federal judge to decide.
Per the CBA they do. She also made some statements in her ruling that suggest it was not based on precedent. That’s what was collectively bargained.

NFL teams were just notified that former NJ Attorney General Peter C. Harvey is commissioner Roger Goodell’s designee to hear the appeal of the disciplinary decision involving Deshaun Watson, per sources. Harvey served as the Attorney General of New Jersey and is now a partner at the Paterson Belknap firm in New York. He has also served as a federal prosecutor. He has deep expertise in criminal law, including domestic violence and sexual assault.

If you want to know why Cleveland gave up picks and treasure for a 30-time rapist to play QB, please tune in to the HOF game right now

Yeah Watson due $42 million next year if it would drag out into him not missing this year but next year any games suspended would lose him major money
I think they will settle. Some number of games over 6 and some fine.

Back