2022 Badger Football Thread

If they don't, they're never going to climb that mountain. When you're #13 in the conference in spending, you need to face facts. You're tight.
And as recently as 2022 the class was ranked 16th nationally. I don’t dismiss that the budget needs a lift , but so do facilities, assistants salary pool. It’s not a simple “fix” and candidly McIntosh was part of the push to end the Mendota Gridiron Club. This is as much about philosophy as anything

The “other things” point is important. As much as the recruiting budget needs a boost so do the facilities
Facilities are important. But, I still believe that the Badgers facilities aren't skid row standard, and that the presentation of the program and how a guy fits into it, is more important. Any player who chooses facilities over reality probably shouldn't be considered anyway. They'll be in the transfer portal the minute they see what they consider "a better deal."

Facilities are important. But, I still believe that the Badgers facilities aren't skid row standard, and that the presentation of the program and how a guy fits into it, is more important. Any player who chooses facilities over reality probably shouldn't be considered anyway. They'll be in the transfer portal the minute they see what they consider "a better deal."
Camp Randall is ok , the atmosphere makes it unique. As to practice facilities and weight rooms it’s probably mid pack B1G. And yeah schools like Clemson sell that. It’s one reason UF became a hard sell until the got a major facility upgrade about a year ago.

And as recently as 2022 the class was ranked 16th nationally. I don’t dismiss that the budget needs a lift , but so do facilities, assistants salary pool. It’s not a simple “fix” and candidly McIntosh was part of the push to end the Mendota Gridiron Club. This is as much about philosophy as anything
I call bull on that one. Show me where that information comes from. I can tell you about how poorly they handled recruiting recently. They didn't even have a recruiting program working for over 6 months. Chryst did nothing to get it right. In fact, a kid from out of Chicago, who played on a HS team where my cousin is a teacher, went to Wisconsin on a visit, for a game, and nobody on the entire coaching staff, or recruiters, even knew who he was. That's how recruiting has been handled. If they spent more money, where was it spent?

In the case of the kid I'm talking about, it's Jimmy Rolder, and he was a shoe in for UW, because my cousin was one of his teachers, and was even talking to him about where he was going to go to college. He was all into the idea of being a Badger, until they totally dropped the ball. He ended up going to Michigan, and is already doing some good things as a freshman.

All the garbage about how much they spent, and how well it was spent is all hogwash. It has to change completely. If it isn't, the whole idea of being more than a doormat is pure talk, and like I say, show me where the money was spent, and by who.

You have to remember, the great facilities you see are due to generous donations by benefactors who have seen their programs are successful. None of those layouts were built as a Field of Dreams. They already had proof the program was top shelf, to get it done. You don't put the cart in front of the horse.

I call bull on that one. Show me where that information comes from. I can tell you about how poorly they handled recruiting recently. They didn't even have a recruiting program working for over 6 months. Chryst did nothing to get it right. In fact, a kid from out of Chicago, who played on a HS team where my cousin is a teacher, went to Wisconsin on a visit, for a game, and nobody on the entire coaching staff, or recruiters, even knew who he was. That's how recruiting has been handled. If they spent more money, where was it spent?

In the case of the kid I'm talking about, it's Jimmy Rolder, and he was a shoe in for UW, because my cousin was one of his teachers, and was even talking to him about where he was going to go to college. He was all into the idea of being a Badger, until they totally dropped the ball. He ended up going to Michigan, and is already doing some good things as a freshman.

All the garbage about how much they spent, and how well it was spent is all hogwash. It has to change completely. If it isn't, the whole idea of being more than a doormat is pure talk, and like I say, show me where the money was spent, and by who.
whomever gets the job needs to bring in coaches who can sell the program. PC was dull as dishwater and I doubt he had firey guys under him. When you have limited resources at UW you need to find the guys as the old saying goes who can sell ice to a ekhimo.

What’s BS? The class rank? The Gridiron Club? Sorry not BS.

They had a recruiting department but a couple of positions were not filled post Covid. I just stated above the budget needs a boost, not rocket science to figure that out but it’s not the silver bullet either

Yeah the kid from Chicago was in the piece the Temple wrote in the Athletic

You have to remember, the great facilities you see are due to generous donations by benefactors who have seen their programs are successful. None of those layouts were built as a Field of Dreams. They already had proof the program was top shelf, to get it done. You don't put the cart in front of the horse.
Fine, then what the hell do you have to sell? MSU just invested $11m in their new facilities, Illinois did a major upgrade 3 years ago to the tune of $79m. It’s not like these programs have any recent legacy over UW. Any new work needs donations, that a given. I get that. But again it’s not as simple as upping a recruiting budget

Back