2022-23 Milwaukee Bucks

They need to keep on winning. They can't have lapses like they had in the 4th quarter against the better teams in the league. They'll get beat. Especially when they hit the road.

Couple of things last night.
  • They uncharacteristically went under some screens especially on Cunningham. Not sure if that was by design so there’s that
  • They shot 24% from 3 without their best shooters from 3 so that’s not going to be the norm. One of those nights
Down the road when Connaughton and Middleton are back it’s going to be interesting what the rotation looks like. Carter seems to be the 1st off at PG which is an upside, Portis is obviously in the mix and Connaughton. That’s 8 deep and solid. Matthews still plays adequate defense and has range

The big upside this year compared to last is the defense is night and day more consistent. Lopez seems like a different player and that itself will keep them is 90% of games.

I have to admit, I was plenty nervous last night by the time the game finally ended. lol!

Let's hope Allen's knee is fine, as until the others get back they don't need anyone else out for the count.

Lopez has been fantastic, and you can just tell he feels good and has been working his ass off. It was a thrill when he was able to basically 'take the game over' the other day.

I was really down on Hill last year, as it seemed like good things just did not happen (usually) when he was on the floor, and even he seems to be playing so much better and with a lot more confidence than he did previously.

Bucks start season 7-0 for 3rd time in team history. Though concerning this team shot horrible again from 3 again. That is issue with this team they will keep shooting the 3 even when they are stone cold on it. Last night MKE was only 26% from 3 and 2-21 in the first half.

What's amazing is how they are still winning when they can't hit 3s. Even without Middleton and Connaughton.

I saw moments where Beauchamp looked like he might end up being a respectably good player. But, he's still very raw in his play.

Giannis starting season hot. 6 out of 7 games he's scored 30+ and 6 out of 7 games he's had a double double.

Bucks start season 7-0 for 3rd time in team history. Though concerning this team shot horrible again from 3 again. That is issue with this team they will keep shooting the 3 even when they are stone cold on it. Last night MKE was only 26% from 3 and 2-21 in the first half.
Not concerning at all when you have your best 3 point shooters on the bench. It’s 7 games in a and they are getting good looks with a nice offensive flow

What's amazing is how they are still winning when they can't hit 3s. Even without Middleton and Connaughton.

I saw moments where Beauchamp looked like he might end up being a respectably good player. But, he's still very raw in his play.
Beauchamp looks like a rookie on offense but his defense for his age is impressive. He has length and also seems to anticipate well

Yeah, there were stretches last night when they couldn't even *buy* a basket, but then they'd somehow be up by 10 without me even realizing it! lol!

I agree about Beauchamp. I was watching him, and that kid never takes his eye off the ball nor does he seem to get shaken or distracted.

Boy........Lopez. He just continues to amaze me. He was great before, so I don't even know where these new superpowers came from, but it's really impressive!

Another thing I very much like is that the whole team seems to have this..........vintage(?) feel to it. They seem happy to be where they are and enjoy being teammates. It's like.........if Kyrie (and his mouth) is on one side of the BB spectrum, the Bucks are on the other.

Yeah, there were stretches last night when they couldn't even *buy* a basket, but then they'd somehow be up by 10 without me even realizing it! lol!

I agree about Beauchamp. I was watching him, and that kid never takes his eye off the ball nor does he seem to get shaken or distracted.

Boy........Lopez. He just continues to amaze me. He was great before, so I don't even know where these new superpowers came from, but it's really impressive!

Another thing I very much like is that the whole team seems to have this..........vintage(?) feel to it. They seem happy to be where they are and enjoy being teammates. It's like.........if Kyrie (and his mouth) is on one side of the BB spectrum, the Bucks are on the other.
It’s almost like it’s taken for granted but Bud is a phenomenal HC. He’s not adverse to tweaking things to fit guys skills set and most importantly the team has 100% buy in

Back