2021 Off Season Thread

Actually the $180m is the ceiling and per the memo from the NFL office it was not the final number pending further review. Assuming the TV deals are what’s being discussed you can assume the owners might be more flexible with borrowing more $$.
I think mid 180s will be final number.

Did the league and PA discuss rolling some of that cap space back a year, in other words borrowing against it?
Yes. But the $180 is probably not the final numbers. New TV deals might give ownership some room to borrow more

SMH you can point out Packer fans who don't watch football when they ask why did we cut Kirksey he's a good player.

I have a hunch that the Packers staff is looking at players in the defensive front seven in a little different way than they did under Pettine. Some of the assignments are going to change, and do the players they have in-house the the skill set that fits those new assignments? It could mean the end of the line for several players we think are fairly decent.

Whatever happens, I think it's going to be very interesting as to which players really start to show how good they are when the new season starts. I do believe we end up keeping both Jones and Tonyan, and add help on the defensive front seven, and offensive line. Looking forward to the draft. It's going to tell us a lot about where this team will be headed.

I have a hunch that the Packers staff is looking at players in the defensive front seven in a little different way than they did under Pettine. Some of the assignments are going to change, and do the players they have in-house the the skill set that fits those new assignments? It could mean the end of the line for several players we think are fairly decent.

Whatever happens, I think it's going to be very interesting as to which players really start to show how good they are when the new season starts. I do believe we end up keeping both Jones and Tonyan, and add help on the defensive front seven, and offensive line. Looking forward to the draft. It's going to tell us a lot about where this team will be headed.
Tonyan yes he will stay being a RFA. Jones will walk. He is the top RB in FA so some team that has lots of cap space will overpay for him. When he rejected the Packers offer and signed with Rosenhaus to me that was a sign he was moving on and hiring the biggest shark among agents to get him the best deal he could. Only way I see him back in GB is if the offer GB made would still be on the table during FA and he would find that no other team will pay him the big dollars he wants and GB offer was the best he could get.

Tonyan yes he will stay being a RFA. Jones will walk. He is the top RB in FA so some team that has lots of cap space will overpay for him. When he rejected the Packers offer and signed with Rosenhaus to me that was a sign he was moving on and hiring the biggest shark among agents to get him the best deal he could. Only way I see him back in GB is if the offer GB made would still be on the table during FA and he would find that no other team will pay him the big dollars he wants and GB offer was the best he could get.
When is the last big RB contract that worked out?

I know this is Drew just creating a market, but saw the talk about Aaron Jones looking for $15m a year average, and that the Fins are interested. That's close to what we pay our LT. Nuts!

I know this is Drew just creating a market, but saw the talk about Aaron Jones looking for $15m a year average, and that the Fins are interested. That's close to what we pay our LT. Nuts!
$15m in AAV is probably high but not by much and AAV vs guaranteed $$$ is like comparing the stock market to the real economy. Totally agree he’s creating a market

Back