2021 Off Season Thread

So looking at Rodgers cap number if Packers do a max restructure on him which is about $21 million dollars his 2022 cap would be then $46 million dollars with dead cap of $31 million dollars. Wonder what the Packers do in that situation. Huge cap number but do you want to eat $31 million dead cap to save $15 million?

So looking at Rodgers cap number if Packers do a max restructure on him which is about $21 million dollars his 2022 cap would be then $46 million dollars with dead cap of $31 million dollars. Wonder what the Packers do in that situation. Huge cap number but do you want to eat $31 million dead cap to save $15 million?
and what would the cash out be? right now its $25m...I know what I would do

Cash out yeah is $25.5 million but I think Love won't be ready to start in 2022 earliest is 2023.
They have $25m reasons to hand over the keys in 2022 and more cap space....

KenIngalls
·
2m

The #Packers have tendered an exclusive rights free agent tender to WR Allen Lazard. All 4 of their ERFAs have been tendered.
So that's $3+ million to add to the cap. Plus they tender Tonyan that's another $3-4 million and draft picks you are talking 12+ million in cap space needed. Even if you restructure Rodgers pretty much all his cap space will go to clear this up. Smith ext could get you about $10 million but you can't use it all in FA as you need some to carryover into the season. This is why I don't really expect GB to sign anyone in FA besides maybe 1 or 2 min priced vets late in FA after the draft.

So that's $3+ million to add to the cap. Plus they tender Tonyan that's another $3-4 million and draft picks you are talking 12+ million in cap space needed. Even if you restructure Rodgers pretty much all his cap space will go to clear this up. Smith ext could get you about $10 million but you can't use it all in FA as you need some to carryover into the season. This is why I don't really expect GB to sign anyone in FA besides maybe 1 or 2 min priced vets late in FA after the draft.
3mill for Lazard? That's nuts..

3mill for Lazard? That's nuts..
I don't think it's $3mil for Lazard, I believe it's $3mil for the 4 of them. ERFA tenders are basically at the "minimum". In addition, I don't think that $3mil CAP hit is correct. They don't really add to the CAP because the CAP is calculated on the top 51 contracts. These 4 minimum contracts would just roughly replace 4 other minimum contracts at the bottom. They really don't add anything to the CAP as I understand it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to absorb more of this CAP stuff and every time I think I understand it, there's another nuance.

I don't think it's $3mil for Lazard, I believe it's $3mil for the 4 of them. ERFA tenders are basically at the "minimum". In addition, I don't think that $3mil CAP hit is correct. They don't really add to the CAP because the CAP is calculated on the top 51 contracts. These 4 minimum contracts would just roughly replace 4 other minimum contracts at the bottom. They really don't add anything to the CAP as I understand it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to absorb more of this CAP stuff and every time I think I understand it, there's another nuance.
Last year the number was 750K for a player with 2 years of service time so that number will likely increase a little so for all 4 ERFA that would be just a tad above $3 million with the likely increase they get over the 2020 number for players with 2 years of service time. That would put each one into the top 51 among players counting against the cap though true you would drop off 4 other players I forgot about that so really adding the 4 is maybe 500K-1 million maybe to the cap?

Preston Smith's renegotiated finally filed. Highlights: New cap number: $8.75 million (down from $16M) Signing bonus $6.5M. Base salary lowered from $6.85M to $1M. 2022 Cap number jumps to $19.75M from $16.5M. GB still would save $12.25M on '22 cap if cut after '21

Back