2019 WST Poll #4--no fancy titles this time

Good game vs Florida. Badgers had a good game vs Michigan & Michigan State. What's the point? I'm not certain that LSU is as good as the Badgers at this point in the season.

Good game vs Florida. Badgers had a good game vs Michigan & Michigan State. What's the point? I'm not certain that LSU is as good as the Badgers at this point in the season.
LSU would best UW by 10. Burrow destroyed TEXAS

LSU would best UW by 10. Burrow destroyed TEXAS

I'd say they could be favored by 10. I'd even say you may well be right. But, until they show they have some defense, the Badgers appear to be about on even ground with them. This perception that anytime a SEC team that's doing well is compared to the Badgers, the SEC always gets the nod is bogus. The only way you determine that is in head-to-head competition.

Until they face each other, or one takes a loss, it's nothing more than opinion by all of us.

I'd say they could be favored by 10. I'd even say you may well be right. But, until they show they have some defense, the Badgers appear to be about on even ground with them. This perception that anytime a SEC team that's doing well is compared to the Badgers, the SEC always gets the nod is bogus. The only way you determine that is in head-to-head competition.

Until they face each other, or one takes a loss, it's nothing more than opinion by all of us.
And that perception is valid and I think more so this year. The B1G is top heavy with OSU, Wisconsin and PSU. The rest is just average football. SEC you have Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn then a solid next tier of Missouri, South Carolina. I get the defense argument on Wisconsin but the SEC is much more athletic on offense.
LSU is above average on defense, only stain Is that Vandy game but look at the box score, 14 of the 38 were defensive scores and 90% of the rest was when LSU was up 30.

Tit for tat? Wisconsin has shut people down until they have the game won. Look at how stifling the defense is.

In five games the Badgers have given up 3 first half points, and those came from Northwestern in the first quarter. The rest of the points scored are during the second half. It's 8 in the 3rd quarter, and 18 during the 4th quarter, almost all as the Badgers are working guys into the lineup to give them experience, and in some cases, an opportunity to get on the field since their roles are so limited. Then consider this. They have "never" been behind in any of these 5 games.

Any team in DI who gives up a total of 29 points over the course of 6 games, and pitches 4 shutouts is doing something right, and until someone can prove they can beat them, don't underestimating them, because they've earned the right to be considered one of the best.

Every year I hear these comments about the weaknesses in the Big 10, and darned near every year I look at the Big 10's record in bowl games, and it doesn't reflect how bad they are, it usually reflects how good they actually are. Despite all this SEC hype, and flag waving for teams like Oklahoma, and Clemson, the simple fact is the top to bottom the Big 10 is as tough as any conference in DI.

The last 2 years, the Big 10 is 12-5 in bowl games, and the Badgers have won 5 in a row. I find it difficult believing they've been lucky to get weak sisters to play every time they head to these games.

As I said before, I don't think the Badgers can beat OSU, possibly LSU, but I do know one thing. Until they tee it up, nobody else does either. Until that happens, the stats produced to year tell the story we can actually see.

Every year I hear these comments about the weaknesses in the Big 10, and darned near every year I look at the Big 10's record in bowl games, and it doesn't reflect how bad they are, it usually reflects how good they actually are.
Bowl games might be the worst indicator of conference strength possible. Some teams really just don’t want to be there. Just look no further than Texas / Georgia last year or Kentucky/ Penn State. Hell I don’t think Wisconsin was 30 points better than Miami, they just did not want to freeze in NY. And combine that with a 2 week or more lay-off it’s not a good benchmark
We will see in 2 weeks how good UW is. Just being realistic if the difference between the SEC & B1G. Not a knock against what this team has accomplished at all. But when you watch Bama or LSU or UGA , FLA they are more athletic. And any team not named OSU would have to play a flawless game to be competitive

No fighting now.

And sure, maybe I coulda put LSU higher, but I didn’t and even said that was more how I felt about Florida than LSU

No fighting now.

And sure, maybe I coulda put LSU higher, but I didn’t and even said that was more how I felt about Florida than LSU
Only reason I say LSU is not just the Florida game but also how they handled Texas. As to Florida they are so much better with Trask at QB which to me is a surprising to me who beat Auburn worse than the final score.

no fighting just different opinions

Back