2018 Packers Free Agency Thread

Ok i guess ill get the party started. Ill start by saying that theae guys might be a pipe dream but if they hit the market by no means are they out of reach or tp expensive. We have 3 (nelson cobb matthews) guy that are very expendable and imo would be good moves to make room for the improved roster.

1. Ziggy. Guys a monster. If the lions let him walk we shluld pounce. Prime of his career and a game changer. No its not like signing reggie but to a point its that pivotal move.

2. Butler. No telling what he would want but hes a competitor. Something can be said for a guy that felt or feels disrespected. This guy is a top 5 cb. He brings fire speed and a winning back round.

Noth these w would be team changing signings. The rest would be great but not to the same level.

Watkins or robinson. Nelson and cobb are fan favs and are great packer ppl but these guys are on the back 9. Wat ans rob are bith younger and prime wrs. Paired with AR and adams we have a killer 1-2 punch.

Talib or davis. Both would be upgrades cb and bring a vet to the group.

Any te. Im nit sold on jimmy but maybe effiert or green. Both can play and make the position better

Ziggy. Guys a monster. If the lions let him walk we shluld pounce. Prime of his career and a game changer. No its not like signing reggie but to a point its that pivotal move.
I went on the record saying I want the Pack to make a run at Ziggy but I will add that 9 of his sacks came in 3 games against really bad teams. 3 vs. the Giants in week 2, 3 vs Cincy in week 16 and 3 vs. Green Bay in week 17. That left 3 other sacks in the other 13 games. For the money Ansah will be asking I'd want better consistency.

Reactions: TW
I went on the record saying I want the Pack to make a run at Ziggy but I will add that 9 of his sacks came in 3 games against really bad teams. 3 vs. the Giants in week 2, 3 vs Cincy in week 16 and 3 vs. Green Bay in week 17. That left 3 other sacks in the other 13 games. For the money Ansah will be asking I'd want better consistency.

Good research! That does shed a light on stats sometimes being very misleading.

Yea his numbers have dipped the last 2 yrs but he had some nagging injuries. Thing is, your not gonna find guys that average 10 sacks every day. Those 3 games also show that he can single handedly take games over. We dont have that.

Put zig in a fresg start and im not worried about him.

But Ansah is hurt ALL the time. I'd rather go with Trent Murphy (Was). Yes, he was suspended four games last year and spent most the year on IR. He is improving and had 8 sacks his third year before getting hurt last year. He could also put on weight if needed and be an upgrade to Lowry.

A nasty football player, we need more like him.

I wouldn't say I would rather go with Murphy, but I would welcome him with open arms. Zigs body of work is way better then Murphys 1 yr. (or course the price tags are too) Ansah hasn't missed many games either.

I agree, I like how he plays. I think hes more or a try hard guy than a special talent but nothing wrong with that.

Try hard! I'd like to see more of that on our defense.
Instead of looking at traditional Free Agents, which work against the comp draft pick formula, we should get a list of 'likely cuts' for salary cap purposes. Maybe Gute will be working off of that list more.

Mason Foster is off the board. Re-signed with the Redskins.

Back