2016 Draft Game Round 1 Mock

I tried to think about this objectively. Like if I was a GM who would I want considering the teams weaknesses. But this is the NYJ, nothing they do makes sense and their owner really isn't that bright. So NYJ over drafts another noodle armed QB with size but questionable talent. Yes they need a young QB, but instead of waiting, or trading down to take Hackenberg and letting him learn for a few years:

NYJ take Connor Cook QB - Mich State

I tried to think about this objectively. Like if I was a GM who would I want considering the teams weaknesses. But this is the NYJ, nothing they do makes sense and their owner really isn't that bright. So NYJ over drafts another noodle armed QB with size but questionable talent. Yes they need a young QB, but instead of waiting, or trading down to take Hackenberg and letting him learn for a few years:

NYJ take Connor Cook QB - Mich State

Shocked(--Houston's GM

Shocked(--Houston's GM

The thing is I could totally see NYJ doing this.. Cook has the size and measurable of an NFL QB.... I can see them becoming enamored with that while panicking that 3 QB's have already come off the board.

Redskins need help at LB and take the best one on the board. Skins select Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama.

It's a deep draft at defensive line, so Houston can wait until later rounds to get a guy there. Having four QBs off the board at this point is sort of a nightmare scenario.

Houston looks at their board and sees only one guy that fits for them, so they take Ezekiel Elliot, running back, Ohio State.

The Vikings need to add weapons for their offense to take the top off the D. Minnesota selects Michael Thomas WR Ohio State.

Bengals go with Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State. They are not getting younger on the edges and this may not be a popular pick as the top 2 CB's are off the board but neither OLBers were left on the board. Although the Bengals roster is pretty stacked, they can groom this kid with an eye on the future.

Last edited:
Steelers select Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech, best fit for them left on the board as they need help back there badly.

Seattle selects Jason Spriggs OT Indiana, I read the Hawks staff really likes this kid and they have to get OL help in this draft.

Back