‘The best QB that has not won a Super Bowl ring’: Tony Gonzalez and Mike Vick on future Hall of Famer Philip Rivers

Cheesedog

Reaction score

Not sure about better than Marino.,. but I've always had respect for Rivers... This is a guy who on a better team def has at least one ring by now..

Shows up does his thing and doesn't whine...

Also love the point made about how football now is about "efficiency" (Brees and Arod come to mind) and Rivers is a throwback to old school football.

Not sure about better than Marino.,. but I've always had respect for Rivers... This is a guy who on a better team def has at least one ring by now..

Shows up does his thing and doesn't whine...

Also love the point made about how football now is about "efficiency" (Brees and Arod come to mind) and Rivers is a throwback to old school football.
Jim Kelly needs to be part of the discussion

Tarkenton. Fouts. On and on we go. I never did feel that you had to win the big one to be in the HOF, or be considered an elite QB. You aren't responsible for the supporting cast the front office and coaching staff throws on the field around you, or on defense.

This is why saying Brady is the best ever because he has 5 rings is ridiculous.

One play and they lose to Seattle, the tuck rule fiasco, and Atlanta rolls over in the 2nd half. Those three things go differently (as they all should have) and Brady is viewed in a totally different light. This is why titles don't mean everything when it comes to the best ever at QB. It's a team game.

Back