WRs

Flip side- You could get away with offering him a contract with hardly anything but incentives. It would be a one year prove it opportunity to play with the best QB in the league. You can't deny his Uber talents! Behavior clauses would protect the team. We talk about getting to the Super Bowl and this could be a no risk shot at that goal. Personally, I would love to see Gute take a flier on him. Gordon came in after over a year off and was dominant again. We're not going to give him anything without him earning it.

As I mentioned before Gordon is not a UFA won't be one till 2020 Browns control his rights for next 2 years he's a ERFA this year and a restriced FA year after. So pretty much no point in talking Gordon

To anwser the question on watkins. He had injuries with the nills and bad qb play. With the rams he wasnt featured but made big plays when called upon. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Him and adams is an upgrade to what we have. They would be a deadly pairing.

Allan Robinson is another. He got hurt week one but is a matchup nightmare. Can out jump everyone and win 50-50 balls for rodgers. Easy 10 to 12 tds in green bay.

Cut cobb and neslon, sign one of these guys and draft a slot guy. Rodgers is set for his career. Heck even looking at paul richardson for the slot. Adds big speed with 2 studs on the outside. Unstoppable passing attack

As I mentioned before Gordon is not a UFA won't be one till 2020 Browns control his rights for next 2 years he's a ERFA this year and a restriced FA year after. So pretty much no point in talking Gordon
But with all the 'Packer' people in Cleveland now....maybe they just cut him? Not out of the realm of possibilities. He has no connection with Dorsey's new regime.

But with all the 'Packer' people in Cleveland now....maybe they just cut him? Not out of the realm of possibilities. He has no connection with Dorsey's new regime.
Doubt it he has value and the ERFA tag is cheap tag him and at worst do a sign and trade

I prefer to pass on FA WR. I really think your better off bringing in a younger guy and molding him.

Only FA WR I would entertain signing is Taylor Gabriel of ATL.
Green Bay has the slowest WR corps in the NFL.
Gabriel’s 4.4 speed is an immediate upgrade, and he’s versatile too. You get a veteran with speed, something a draft pick can’t give you.
I’d still draft a WR. But Gabriel takes the pressure off that pick to have to perform immediately. Which is something most rookie WR’s can’t do in yr 1.

Only FA WR I would entertain signing is Taylor Gabriel of ATL.
Green Bay has the slowest WR corps in the NFL.
Gabriel’s 4.4 speed is an immediate upgrade, and he’s versatile too. You get a veteran with speed, something a draft pick can’t give you.
I’d still draft a WR. But Gabriel takes the pressure off that pick to have to perform immediately. Which is something most rookie WR’s can’t do in yr 1.
Sammy Watkins ran a 4.43. That would be an immediate upgrade as well. Watkins averages about 16 yards/reception. Gabriel has never caught more than 36 receptions, averages about 14 yds/r and in 4 years has 8 TDs. Watkins got 8 TDs this year on 39 receptions.

Sammy Watkins ran a 4.43. That would be an immediate upgrade as well. Watkins averages about 16 yards/reception. Gabriel has never caught more than 36 receptions, averages about 14 yds/r and in 4 years has 8 TDs. Watkins got 8 TDs this year on 39 receptions.

Watkins is a fine player. He has size (6-1/211) and speed 4.43. Almost strictly a boundary receiver.

I just like Taylor’s versatility better. Yes, he’s much smaller than Watkins, but he is more quick-twitch than Watkins which makes his speed more dangerous to defend.
Taylor hasn’t posted big numbers because of Julio Jones and Sanu. I doubt Watkins would put up big numbers if he was in ATL as well.
IMO, Watkins should have had very big numbers in LA, with a depth chart of Tavon Austin, Pharoh Cooper, Josh Reynolds, and Mike Thomas one gets the impression they don’t exactly instill fear in opposing defenses. Watkins should have put up 80-100 receptions and 1200 yds in that offense. I’ll give you that 8 TD’s is decent, but why wasn’t he better than he was?

Also, as the #4 pick in the 2014 draft, Watkins isn’t going to take peanuts on this next contract. The money it will take to sign him will be significantly more than what Taylors market value will likely be.

If the Packers go after and sign Watkins, I won’t be disappointed. I just happen to feel that Taylor would be a very good fit in Green Bay.

The following is a list of the fastest players in the NFL. The first 11 are wide receivers, and the last, Patrick Peterson, is a CB. The list was composited in June, 2017, so there will be some changes, including add ons possible.

Fastest Players in NFL

Wide Receivers
Tyreek Hill - 4.24
Marquise Goodwin - 4.27
J.J. Nelson - 4.28
Ted Ginn - 4.28
DeSean Jackson - 4.35
Jakeem Grant - 4.38
John Ross - 4.22
Brandin Cooks - 4.33
Taylor Gabriel - 4.27
Odell Beckham, Jr - 4.43
Julio Jones - 4.39

Corner Back
Patrick Peterson - 4.34

GB Packer Wide Receivers

Nelson - 4.51
Cobb - 4.46
Adams - 4.56
Montgomery - 4.55
Janis - 4.42
Allison - 4.67
Clark - 4.53
Davis - 4.42

As I look at the "most productive" WRs around the league, amongst the fastest, I found that two stood out. Jones and Beckham. Strangely enough, their speeds were at the tail end of the speed list at 4.39 and 4.43. If we want to believe Adams is our top receiver because of his speed, it's a little deceiving, because only Allison is slower than he is. Our two fastest WRs, Davis and Janis, aren't that effective.

What I'm driving at is that speed is wonderful, if you can properly harness it. A team's capability of harnessing that speed is dependent on a lot of issues, and one of them is the ability of the offensive line to block. The funny part is, a team that blocks well will be a huge benefit to the speed merchants, and the slower, more methodical, route runners as well, because both can accomplish their goal. For the faster receiver, they can clear the defense. For the slower, methodical receiver, they can make their moves, and complete their routes, and be in position for the pass.

Although I keep hearing how slow the Packers receivers are, as I look at the list of guys going into 2017, my only complaint is that we don't have a "stretch receiver." The idea that people have that Nelson was that guy, was never true. He's our possession receiver, and "go to guy" when you need that catch that moves the chains when it's do or die. To cast him in any other role is not realistic, because it's not who he is, nor never was. His moves, and his catches, were because of his precise routes, and strength when it comes to making catches. It was never blinding speed.

This idea of throwing guys out because they aren't fast enough doesn't make sense. I'll take the guys who run a little slower and hold onto the darned ball, not those that fly down the side line, get bumped, and can't even catch themselves. They're good for the occasional long bomb, and to keep defenses honest, but you aren't going to win a lot of games counting on them constantly getting behind the defense.

By the way. The list of players I've shown for the league are also the fastest in the league, as of that date, regardless of position.

Back