With Their Pick in RD 6 GB Selects Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame

Yeah I read that someone referred to his dad as a Lavar Ball type of father.

Growing up during the Marinovich days, I thought the comment comparing t the 2 fathers was quite telling.

It's stuff like this that we don't hear or pay attention to that is going on behind the scenes that drops these guys. I know yesterday there was some talk on shout about how he was the best of the bunch and should have been picked earlier. If this kind of stuff shows up when he gets to Green Bay, he may well be the worst of the bunch and not be around long.

If he did that he's damn fool. GB is running a timing based offense that demands route running. Jeff Janis is what 2 out of 3 of these were so why are we going there again ??? They are great prospects not dissing the players but they don't fit what your doing here. It's just odd.

Since MM said they went back to square 1 in remaking the offense, I wonder if some of that "timing" stuff may be changing/evolving?
Or maybe that's the coach blowing smoke?

Since MM said they went back to square 1 in remaking the offense, I wonder if some of that "timing" stuff may be changing/evolving?

With MM, it very well could be smoke. I just don't see him making any drastic changes to his offense. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but that Pittsburgh Macho thing may get in the way of any real changes.

He's made those "changes" before. He said they changed the playbook around not the "offense" per say. That could be nothing more than adding or deleting some formations and verbiage.

Before the draft we were worrying about WR and hoping we would sign a FA WR.
Last year a lot of us were intrigued by Michael Clark with his potential and size.
J'mon Moore was a reasonable pick in the 4th. St. Brown could be a steal in the 6th.
I don't think the Dad is going to be a problem. He did what he did as they developed, but I don't think the 'meddling' parent things flies as much in football as it does in BB.
It seems like Gute drafted some guys who had much better 2016 than 2017 and whatever caused the drop in production can be remedied by our coaches. Don't forget that MM is a 'very successful NFL coach'. ;)

I don't really like him. He looks lanky and soft, like a taller Trevor Davis. Doesn't seem to use his hands to beat coverage.

I like the Mizzou and USF kids better. Neither of them seems to know a lick about a route tree but they both look a lot more physical and seem built more physical than this guy.

Back