With Pick 2 in Round 2 GB Selects Josh Jones Safety NC State

Somehow I managed to be nearly as fast in.pads as I was out of them, and pre-injuries, I was pretty fast.

Also never wore a cup, which was a decent trade off in my mind at the time. My three children thus far show I won that gamble cra)

Somehow I managed to be nearly as fast in.pads as I was out of them, and pre-injuries, I was pretty fast.

Also never wore a cup, which was a decent trade off in my mind at the time. My three children thus far show I won that gamble cra)

Are you sure they're yours? :)

I wore a cup. After taking one whack in the gonads while playing high school baseball (I was a catcher), I realized that if there was enough pain to wish yourself dead so it would go away.... wear a cup! Fortunately I did in football too. Played fullback and middle linebacker in HS, and MLB after HS.

I wore a cup. After taking one whack in the gonads while playing high school baseball (I was a catcher), I realized that if there was enough pain to wish yourself dead so it would go away.... wear a cup! Fortunately I did in football too. Played fullback and middle linebacker in HS, and MLB after HS.

It only came back to bite me twice. Once in HS (a guy grabbed, so I broke his wrist) and in college (caught a clear on accident).

It only came back to bite me twice. Once in HS (a guy grabbed, so I broke his wrist) and in college (caught a clear on accident).

I've read that the go too move at the bottom of a fumble/onside kick pile is to grab and squeeze. Truth or fiction?

I wouldn't tolerate that as a coach, and didn't do those things as a player. If that's all you've got, as a player, or coach, you shouldn't be allowed around the game. I totally understand the retaliation. When someone hurts us, we react accordingly.

I wouldn't tolerate that as a coach, and didn't do those things as a player. If that's all you've got, as a player, or coach, you shouldn't be allowed around the game. I totally understand the retaliation. When someone hurts us, we react accordingly.

This guy had it coming. He was a lineman, and he'd always be diving into the piles. He'd poke eyes, gab ya, twist ankles, bend fingers. I knew it was him.

As far as the go-to, I'd say fiction. I have only ever come across it that one time, and have only heard of a few other instances.

Back