Wisconsin stuck in college football purgatory

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Before I receive a lecture from the old school crowd, let me add a caveat to what I’m about to say. Regardless of what happened in Indianapolis Saturday night, this is the golden age of Wisconsin football. The Badgers are heading to a bowl game for the 16th straight season. Prior to that run, UW had only made 12 bowl games in program history. And, as of late, they have regularly played in quality...

Source

Continue reading...

Wisconsin had a great year, no one predicted this before the season so in my mind they exceeded expectations regardless of the loss.

Let me say this, UW fans need to understand a couple things that we see outside the Wisco bubble. First it's not the Packers and you don't need an Aaron Rodgers to win consistently. Hornibrook was on a 18 game streak before losing last night...PC isn't about slinging it around anyway so your argument otherwise is moot.

Second if you want to play in the big 4 playoffs and beat the Penn State/Ohio States in the "game" you need better talent at the skill positions. You saw 2 -4 star WR take it to the house last night vs guys that just didn't have the wheels to catch them....faster/stronger/better.

I think judging by the next 2 recruiting classes PC working on it. Let's go beat the heck out of USC in the Fiesta bowl and regroup for 2018. onwisco)

the article is spot on. we will win our games and play in a good bowl but the dream of winning a Nat Title is just that, a dream. Yes it was a good season. Yes we won games, be it a weak ass schedule, but time and time again when we line up against the big boys we get beat up. Just not enough horses. the D played great outside of 4 plays.

somehow, some way PC needs to get better talent in here. All around better talent. I agree the skill positions need better playmakers but the qb spot is weak as hell also. Horny was the weak link on this team. You cant argue that. the talk about he won 18 in a row is hogwash. He was at the helm yes but he didn't carry this team. that's like saying trent dilfer "led" the ravens to superbowl glory. No, no he didn't, he benifited from a great d, running game and ST. He was asked not to make mistakes. Horny makes mistakes that is the problem. I agree we don't ask our qbs to sling it around but we should also ask them not to make epic mistakes that put this team in a bind every time. The kids is not good. could he improve? sure he could. but the guy couldn't even make the screen game work and many of those screens were set up perfect.

I get it, he was pressured and the running game wasn't working. The line got beat and the wrs aren't great. all true but our qb (though he has a big arm) is not good enough. I would say hes easily in the bottom half of FBS qbs just the cold truth

I love the badgers and will always be pulling for them. Its great to see them win tons of games with lesser talent but settling for being just good and not the best isn't the way to go either. The goal is and should always be to be the best or get to the top.

Back