Wisconsin Badgers back to Top 25 class for 2018 with Ohio DE commit

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The drama of last weekend hasn’t killed much of the Wisconsin Badgers momentum on the recruiting trail. UW has been hard at work identifying new prospects all spring and one of those offers in the past few months is now on board the Badgers 2018 recruiting train.

On Tuesday, three-star defensive end Isiah Mullens from Columbus, Ohio (Harvest Prep) made his commitment to the Badgers. UW offered back in late February, with Mullens visiting just a month later.

He took some time following naming the Badgers his leader, but word got out earlier today that a commitment might be coming and Mullens indeed announced his pledge to the Cardinal and White.

Wisconsin, who dropped out of the Top 25 of the 247Sports team rankings for the 2018 class following quarterback Ben Bryant’s de-commitment on Friday, got right back in it thanks to Mullens’ status.

He is the NO. 618 ranked player in the country, the No. 23 ranked strong-side defensive end and the No. 26 ranked player in the state of Ohio according to the 247Sports composite rankings. Wisconsin now sits at No. 23 in the nation and No. 7 in the Big Ten, in what has been a huge year on the recruiting trail so far for the conference as a whole.

This seemed like a recruitment that was over from the start, with Mullens high on the Badgers from the moment the offered. That was confirmed by Mullens in an interview with our recruiting partners at Badger247.

“When Wisconsin gave me an offer, it was obvious, but as soon as I visited there — the players, the coaches, the atmosphere, the relationship I have, it just felt like home,” Mullens told Badger247. “It was a no brainer.”

Mullens joins fellow top 25 ranked strong-side defensive end Boyd Dietzen as the only two defensive linemen in the class so far. With the depth and youth at the position going forward, look for Wisconsin to target defensive tackle as a bigger priority the rest of the way.

The post Wisconsin Badgers back to Top 25 class for 2018 with Ohio DE commit appeared first on A Wisconsin Badgers Site.

Continue reading...

Back