What the hell is going on out there ? Roster cut edition

In which the future produces nothing of substance. How many people believe that TT and MM will be around after the departure of Rodgers? Will it be a couple years after? A decade after? Or maybe it ends early like 2 years before his departure? I'm curious to know, if there is such a thing as a "window", how much longer that window is open with AR at the helm.

IMO the window is closed. It slammed shut with that SEA loss... MM has grown stale. Many can feel it. His time in GB I think is growing shorter. Time for new blood and a fresh perspective. But it's his call, as long as the BOD sees mega profit there's no reason to change. So I'm guessing here, maybe 3 more seasons?

He wants 2 cracks at the team per year. Resolve a little angst, maybe?
54578101.jpg

The more mundane and boring theory is that there is a locker room issue. And it stems partially from veterans not feeling respected at the end of their contract. It very well could have been Sitton asking for clarification on his status. And when TT/MM refused to commit to talks Sitton told them we talk or you release me. Because if I'm a player that clearly isn't in the teams plans I do not want to stick around and risk injury in my last season. Why they wouldn't want Sitton around for a few more years is a mystery. Lane is a major downgrade at this point.. But stay young at all costs I guess... But chasing Sitton away will come back to haunt them.
CD- I think you're right about the clarification of were he stood in their plans going forward. Sitton didn't like were he was on the priority list (TT has never had the Guard position very high on the pecking list). He's been dinged up a lot over the last couple years and has admitted he had to lose weight this off season to ease the stress on his body. He is 30+ and even Belicheat believes its better to lose guys a year early than a year late. Just can't believe the answer is going to be Taylor for now. Hope ARod stays upright.

IMO the window is closed. It slammed shut with that SEA loss... MM has grown stale. Many can feel it. His time in GB I think is growing shorter. Time for new blood and a fresh perspective. But it's his call, as long as the BOD sees mega profit there's no reason to change. So I'm guessing here, maybe 3 more seasons?

MM is safe as long as Ted is the GM. Ted won't bring in a new HC. Also I think if that new GM is Wolf he won't get rid of MM right away he would give him a season or two before making a change.

The more mundane and boring theory is that there is a locker room issue. And it stems partially from veterans not feeling respected at the end of their contract. It very well could have been Sitton asking for clarification on his status. And when TT/MM refused to commit to talks Sitton told them we talk or you release me. Because if I'm a player that clearly isn't in the teams plans I do not want to stick around and risk injury in my last season. Why they wouldn't want Sitton around for a few more years is a mystery. Lane is a major downgrade at this point.. But stay young at all costs I guess... But chasing Sitton away will come back to haunt them.

EDIT: The fact Sitton went straight to CHI and signed there speaks volumes...

I think the deal he got speaks louder, frankly. He was only gonna get $6.1 M this year with us. Now he's gonna make over $7 M per for 3 years with $10 M in guarantees.

Unless we bring in a HC that runs the same offense Mike does do we really want to make a change at this point in Rodgers' career?

Man, before Sitton was released a lot of people here were excited about this season. Can losing your LG really be the death knell of our chances to have a good season this year?

CD- I think you're right about the clarification of were he stood in their plans going forward. Sitton didn't like were he was on the priority list (TT has never had the Guard position very high on the pecking list). He's been dinged up a lot over the last couple years and has admitted he had to lose weight this off season to ease the stress on his body. He is 30+ and even Belicheat believes its better to lose guys a year early than a year late. Just can't believe the answer is going to be Taylor for now. Hope ARod stays upright.

But why let a pro Bowl player go with no compensation? At worst you get a comp pick next year.

Unless we bring in a HC that runs the same offense Mike does do we really want to make a change at this point in Rodgers' career?

Man, before Sitton was released a lot of people here were excited about this season. Can losing your LG really be the death knell of our chances to have a good season this year?
Said it before and I'll say it again. The transition plan Murphy spoke of is more than the general manager. Just look at the contract structure of Matthews, Cobb and Nelson. On top of that Rodgers we are getting close to a rebuild

Hopefully Ted and Mm leave in the next few years for the rebuild. Dont want them here when that happens.

Back