What the hell is going on out there ? Roster cut edition

Wilde's segment this morning was very interesting. Said he really thinks something fishy is going on for a loose cannon like Sitton to not say anything bad on his way out the door. Also said that it must be something pretty big for them to not want to get the comp pick for him next year.
I never even thought about losing the comp pick. When does Ted ever turn down draft picks??? Very interesting point. Something is definitely going on back there. Weird. shifty(

I never even thought about losing the comp pick. When does Ted ever turn down draft picks??? Very interesting point. Something is definitely going on back there. Weird. shifty(

Makes you wonder as posted before if MM and Sitton butted heads on the locker room

In that podcast with Wilde when Jason asked Sitton point blank about why he was cut all Josh would say is "'ask my agent". wideeye)) Wilde also said it was odd for Rodgers to be silent about all of this too. sh))

Think it's looking more and more likely that Sitton may have spoken out about something or said something that MM or TT did not like and MM & TT decided to get rid of him

I just don't know what to think about this situation. I do agree with Mark and his theory. Furthermore, it worries me that their is no owner and that TT wields a lot of power. I can't put my finger on it but as many have said, something very fishy with this move. Hopefully we'll learn more in the following days.

Bob McGinn pointed this out a while ago, but to make matters worse TT doesn't even have to be accountable to the media or anyone. He never has to answer difficult questions and explain himself. The org makes a pretty drastic move like this and then like cockroaches they scurry off into the shadows. TT is probably scouting on the road already. You don't want too much interference from the non-football ops people but Murphy needs to tell Ted to make himself accountable and available and own decisions like this.

Bob McGinn pointed this out a while ago, but to make matters worse TT doesn't even have to be accountable to the media or anyone. He never has to answer difficult questions and explain himself. The org makes a pretty drastic move like this and then like cockroaches they scurry off into the shadows. TT is probably scouting on the road already. You don't want too much interference from the non-football ops people but Murphy needs to tell Ted to make himself accountable and available and own decisions like this.
I tweeted back to Bob and it's true... all TT would say is "we don't discuss personal decisions like that" It's been the standard line for years. Point being your searching for answers in places you won't find any.

As for Murphy ..and Packinatl this is for you as well. His authority over football operations is zero. They have a very defined and conservative organizational chart that provides for virtually no interference or crossover.

I think the issues here per say are in the staff and coaching level more then anything... again going on gut here nothing substantial.

Wilde's segment this morning was very interesting. Said he really thinks something fishy is going on for a loose cannon like Sitton to not say anything bad on his way out the door. Also said that it must be something pretty big for them to not want to get the comp pick for him next year.
This is pretty much lousy news just as we're going in to the season.
As a Packer homer at heart, learnig this has me kinda dragged out as I'm about to put the 3 foot by 5 foot green and gold PACKERS Flag up the pole for the season.
I can't handle the truth. :(

I have a thought. It's based on a lot of events.

Was Sitton a friend of Masthay? If the answer is yes, maybe he said the wrong things? Players do that. Some teams accept that happening, others don't.

If you've seen the antics in the White Sox locker room, it started with a player who wanted his son "hanging out" with the team all the time, when not in school. Obviously someone on the team complained. As a result, they asked the player to have his son cut back his visits to the locker room. Already having enough money to live on without batting an eye, the player walked away from the team.

Lo and behold, a pitcher - Sale - decided to mouth about it. The White Sox did nothing. Yet, there seemed to be a bit of problem in the locker room, but the Sox were still doing well. That changed, and this same pitcher refused to wear the throw back uniforms the team was pushing for a weekend because he didn't like them. Set aside the fact the team's sale of all those jerseys and memorabilia would amount to tens of thousands of dollars all headed towards charities. He didn't like them! So, since they wouldn't stop the idea, he cut his jersey up with scissors. He was suspended for 5 days.

Since then, the White Sox haven't been competitive in any series. He's still there because he's "Chris Sale," star pitcher. They need to dump him!

If Sitton was ticked because of management decisions due to cap, player personnel, or anything else, that's a personal problem. He needed to deal with it inside himself. Hopefully that's not the case, but it appears likely.

We could end up losing more before this is over. No matter what anyone says about how Rodgers respects McCarthy, I'm not buying it. He's watching his career go down the toilet with mediocrity being acceptable for the team.

Let's hope this season isn't going to hell with this.

Back