What the hell is going on out there ? Roster cut edition

Wow after reading this story, it's inexcusable for this experienced staff. Unreal.

After reading and letting it set in, I don't think this line of thought is far off......

Wolf is no slouch, Thompson called him one of his best picks, so clearly believe this was all on and came from McCarthy at last minute and McCarthy is one who wanted him gone at all costs. Inexcusable for a head coach with his tenure and displays Nick's in his Armor and deficiencies as a head coach.....

And the 3rd down back the Packers claimed on waivers is now gone. Packers must be happy with Lacy, Starks, and using Cobb.

As @ByRyanWood reported, the Packers are releasing RB Jhurell Pressley. Source said they need a roster spot on the defensive side this week.

What the hell do they need a roster spot for? They kept 11 DBs and that's the only position I can think of that might be at issue with Shield's concussion. Hyde can play CB in a pinch so I don't get the "issue". I swear, each year TT and MM do dopier things. This year they seem to have totally lost it.

It's also clear after all these years that they really don't care about a change of pace back. They keep bringing them on board and cut them as fast as they find them.

A change of pace RB is a luxury.

Have always felt this way: prefer to have a 3 down RB and a TE that can block and catch over the thunder& lightning 2 back system. Likewise same with TE verses a blocking TE and Receiver TE combo.

Reason being harder for Defenses to predict whether the Offense is running or throwing the ball on a given play.
tc(

Agree with everything else said about MM and TT though, as well as comments made if there was a HC change and Rodgers having a new system. Peyton had new systems and won and Rodgers seems like smart guy, so no reason not to think he wouldn't excel.

Again just mo: like the true WCO that Walsh ran: 2 WRs, TE, RB, FB that all could be receiving threats and block on runs.

Trouble is whether it' s lack if talent or cuz of cap or both, seems the days of having bonafied 2 Go-To WRs is gone so teams have moved to spread offenses with multiple WRs with different skill sets and hoping their number 3,4, or 5th WR is better then the Defense number 3,4, or 5th DB.

So it really hampers the Offense if a WR gets hurt and they don't have the players to spread out 4 and 5 wide.

Back