Veterans Day 2017

Discussion in 'Curley's Pub' started by Mark87, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,269 / 0
    To all our vets here and all over the country. Thank you

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,269 / 0
    Army Captain surprises daughter at Wisconsin Football Game

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. diesel

diesel Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 3
    CLP)

4. Terranimal

Terranimal Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0
    Cool Mark. My Facebook page, which is mainly for adult humor, I dedicated to Veterans Friday.

For me this is personal as my family has served from WWI through current times with my son and covered all 4 branches of Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. Regretfully, I am the only one who didn't serve. A lot of my friends also have served.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. wischeez

wischeez Moderator

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    Late to the party as usual. Been busy with real life things. Thanks for posting this Mark!
    hof(

6. Nutbush

Nutbush Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 0
    Heading up to the old deer hunting cabin today to kick the mice out before deer hunting next weekend so won't be around tomorrow to thank all my fellow veterans on this site for their service, all that are serving (Score thank your son) and pray for those that are no longer with us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +831 / 11
    Last night, my wife and I went with friends to Golden Corral for a Veterans Day dinner. Both my friend and I are Vietnam Vets.

The place was jammed with vets from WWII on. It was amazing, and the way everything was handled was totally amazing. I never felt so blessed by having participated in anything like it before to be honest.

Being a Vietnam Vet, I'm still a little bitter, and will admit it. But last night did a lot to change it in my heart. It was like a "Welcome home" that was fifty years late. We were treated like family, and made to be part of something so special that I'll take it to my grave as one of the greatest times I've ever had.

When we arrived it was crowded. There was about 100 children, not older than 10 or 11 years old, standing in a semi-circle out front of the store, singing, as a chorus. They were from Progreso, TX, which is about the poorest community on God's green earth. They were dressed neatly, and their chorus leader, the music teacher from their grade school. Amongst them, several children who had lost fathers, uncles, an aunt, grandfathers, and one whose roots went all the way back to the Alamo, whose ancestor died fighting against the Mexican Army.

The sun came up this morning, and I'm thankful I'm here to see it. Let's never forget those who couldn't do that.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List