wisconsinsportstalk.net
My ranking:
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Matthew Stafford
6. Matt Ryan
7. Carson Wentz - Easily could shoot up into my top 5 if he's healthy and productive next season.
8. Philip Rivers
9. Jarod Goff
10. Cam Newton

Next up in no specific order:Russell Wilson,Kirk Cousins,Derek Carr

Can't really argue with much of that. I'd swap Goff and Russ Wilson. I feel like Wentz should be higher based on this year but I'm not sure who I'd bump down to make room for him. Maybe Ryan?

As the great QBs got older, they all seemed to say the same thing - by the time I really figured out the game mentally, my body gave out and I had to stop playing. Brady's late resurgence suggests he's the first old QB in history whose body has so far kept up with his mind. We'll see how long it holds out, Father Time is undefeated (though I'm sure Father Dollars can keep him away longer than anything else).

Brady's late resurgence suggests he's the first old QB in history whose body has so far kept up with his mind. We'll see how long it holds out, Father Time is undefeated (though I'm sure Father Dollars can keep him away longer than anything else).

Brett Favre at 40 had better or comparable numbers to Brady at 40. At 41 his numbers dropped off.

Brett Favre at 40 had better or comparable numbers to Brady at 40. At 41 his numbers dropped off.

Interesting point. Age 40 was arguably his best season of his career, the next season was his worst. Went from the best INT % of his career to his worst. It can happen quick I guess.

i'm really torn on the whole brady thing. i mean, i get why so many people think he's the g.o.a.t. but it just seems to me like whenever brady has gone down with an injury, the patriots just keep on winning. they don't miss a beat. whether it's matt cassell or jacoby brissett or jimmy g., it doesn't matter. and when those guys try to go somewhere else, they don't look quite the same.

but that second guy on the list . . . when he's playing, his team is an 11 - 13 win team. without him, they're not even a .500 squad.

wentz is already a top five in my list (hopefully he wasn't a one-year wonder). i'd put him above stafford. i might even put him above rothlisberger, but that might be just because i don't like rapists.

Ranking QBs is difficult. What makes some of them "pop" in our eyes is what they mean to their team, like Rodgers.

I find it difficult going against that ranking. You could probably make a case for rearranging it a dozen times, but it wouldn't make it a better list. My theory is that when you get past the handful of guys who are in a league of their own, almost anyone can step up and look great, depending on circumstances.

I tell ya, after watching Brady last night, he hasnt lost much at all in ability at his age...1) Rodgers, 2)Brady

I tell ya, after watching Brady last night, he hasnt lost much at all in ability at his age...1) Rodgers, 2)Brady

that game was pretty weird though. he threw for more than 500 yards, but he had a bunch of passes that didn't even come close to his targets. he completed less than 50% of his passes in the first half. imagine if he had been on target all night.

Back