Thompson: "We value draft and development, we value free agency"

To me, it's not the talent level that has cost us the playoffs the last TWO years.

It's our HC's fear-based playcalling on offense. The D's "miscommunication" haven't helped either.
Yeah I was pissed off too when McCarthy fumbled the on side kick.

Yeah I was pissed off too when McCarthy fumbled the on side kick.
However if your not settling for FG early and you don't try a dive play into a stacked defense then that kick isn't happening. So yes Pack the HC has some liability in that FB game. Sorry

However if your not settling for FG early and you don't try a dive play into a stacked defense then that kick isn't happening. So yes Pack the HC has some liability in that FB game. Sorry
That dive play was one of the stupidest goal line calls I have every seen vs a monster goal line set... just saying :D

Does the HC have liability yes. But there is fault in many areas.

Does the HC have liability yes. But there is fault in many areas.
I completely agree and not trying to DHH( but reality is that the HC/GM are ultimately responsible for all areas of the team. While not always fair it's the way it is from HS up to pro... if the team fails it's on the HC. Your point that the players ultimately make plays and that expectations are unrealistic also valid, however you and I can't change the worlds perception as it's a ' win it all or get the hell out ' kind of business today.

I completely agree and not trying to DHH( but reality is that the HC/GM are ultimately responsible for all areas of the team. While not always fair it's the way it is from HS up to pro... if the team fails it's on the HC. Your point that the players ultimately make plays and that expectations are unrealistic also valid, however you and I can't change the worlds perception as it's a ' win it all or get the hell out ' kind of business today.
Yes agree. But I remember a QB who wore the #4 who was blamed for more than one playoff loss and no or little liability towards the HC.

Sorry Mark the stupidest goal line calls belong to Seattle. That was a dandy.

I can't blame him for Gonzalez trade or Moss trade. Gonzalez he thought he had a deal done for a 2nd round pick just for the KC GM at the last hour to demand more for him. Even Gonzalez later said it was BS and the KC GM and no intention to trade him. Also TT thought he had a deal done to get Moss for a 4th round pick just to go to bed and find out the next morning NE offered more and that the Raiders never called TT to see if he would match or beat it.

The Raiders probably figured, 'It's Ted. Why bother? He won't even try to match it.' Now Thompson comes out and says this team has very few weaknesses. He should study the team when Aaron is hurt.

ILB, TE, OL depth, another wideout, another OLB to spell and eventually replace Peppers, DL are all needs....not luxuries imo. Would it kill him to sign a TE like Green and an ILB like Travathon? Then the draft doesn't have to be strictly tryng desperately to fill all the needs. You don't have to spend like a drunken yuppie.

'We value free agency.' What a joke.

Last edited:
The Raiders probably figured, 'It's Ted. Why bother? He won't even try to match it.' Now Thompson comes out and says this team has very few weaknesses. He should study the team when Aaron is hurt.

ILB, TE, OL depth, another wideout, another OLB to spell and eventually replace Peppers, DL are all needs....not luxuries imo. Would it kill him to sign a TE like Green and an ILB like Travathon? Then the draft doesn't have to be strictly tryng desperately to fill all the needs. You don't have to spend like a drunken yuppie.

'We value fee agency.' What a joke.
Overthecap.com says we have $22,135,614 in cap space. Sounds like a LOT.

But 19 teams have more. Jags have 80M, Raiders almost 75M. Bears, Giants, Rams, 49ers, Titans and Bucs have about 50-60M.

It's VERY likely some team is willing to spend like a drunken yuppie on Green and especially Trevathan. If not, I agree, we should go get 'em!

Back