Thompson: "We value draft and development, we value free agency"

I can't blame him for Gonzalez trade or Moss trade. Gonzalez he thought he had a deal done for a 2nd round pick just for the KC GM at the last hour to demand more for him. Even Gonzalez later said it was BS and the KC GM and no intention to trade him. Also TT thought he had a deal done to get Moss for a 4th round pick just to go to bed and find out the next morning NE offered more and that the Raiders never called TT to see if he would match or beat it.

It's called making a deal. He got duped. If the Raiders did not call him why did he not pick up the phone. All of those reports are speculation. Not sure I buy it

I know, but some don't seem to consider this type of signing "active in FA".
And I am one who does not think it is. It's a very conservative approach. Not a fan

And I am one who does not think it is. It's a very conservative approach. Not a fan

I'm guessing Ted, Mike and the powers that be at 1265 value their own more than those on other teams. Mike has hinted that we might be more active in FA this year. We shall see.

I'm guessing Ted, Mike and the powers that be at 1265 value their own more than those on other teams. Mike has hinted that we might be more active in FA this year. We shall see.
The organization the believes in draft and develop. You can argue on one hand it's kept this organization competitive the last 15 years. The other argument is that the organization has neglected to fill holes at key positions and failed to fill holes with quality depth. And the latter has cost this organization dearly. And with draft and develop you need to hit a high percent at the top of the draft. That has not happened.

You can't titles at a constant clip with just draft and devlop and you can't win just by relying on FA. You need to have a good mixture of both.

You can't titles at a constant clip with just draft and devlop and you can't win just by relying on FA. You need to have a good mixture of both.

I think history shows you can't win titles at a constant clip period. No need to add qualifiers. There haven't been any repeat SB winners since NE did it in '04 and '05.

I think history shows you can't win titles at a constant clip period. No need to add qualifiers. There haven't been any repeat SB winners since NE did it in '04 and '05.

in the most recent ten super bowls, there have been nine different winners. only the giants won more than one.

Back