The percentage play for Murphy was hiring Dorsey

Would Dorsey have been a better choice for GM in GB? Maybe. We will probably never know. We'll be able to judge it, based on our opinions, when we see what happens in Cleveland. Yet, when you're 0-16, there's only one way - up. It won't be a fair comparison.

What I've said all along that bothers me is the structure of the chain of command. It's not good that Murphy is having everyone report to him, and as I told people earlier, from my sources in the Packers organization, the Executive Board is part of calling the shots. Murphy did not act on his own with his decisions. He got the blessings of the board, and now they're involvement, just like it was with Parins, and it was a total disaster.

I know some people don't agree, but I see Murphy ending up micromanaging this team in a lot of areas. If it happens, we can look at some lean years ahead.

Until something happens, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Murphy will micromanage, maybe he won't. It seems there are other NFL teams that have a structure that is a variation on what the Packers have now. Some do well, some do not.

Now, if we start to get regular involvement of the board, then yes, things are likely to go in the crapper but right now there is a lot of speculation as to how this will play out going forward. Did the board meddle in what has been happening over the past few weeks - yup. Will they meddle in day to day football operations going forward - maybe not. I think that the TT situation was just something the board saw as a deterioration of his ability to command the whole football operation and that new, stronger leadership was needed. I commend them for that at this point. I may be cursing them going forward.

Back