The Erhardt-Perkins System

Discussion in 'Around The NFL' started by Mark87, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,137 / 0
    Keep seeing Josh McDaniel's name come up regarding being GB HC in the future. McDaniel's runs a modified Erhardt-Perkins system, a football language entirely different from the West Coast verbiage the Packers have utilized in various forms in every season since 1992.

Here is a great read regarding that system :

So it would be a switch but one that's fairly easy to pick up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Terranimal

Terranimal Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    Great read! One concern is if not multiple change ups, defenses start figuring it out....like what happened with Ravens.

Sure seems like more plusses then minus to this system. Also makes me wonder if MH should went this route with Favre during his early years as he was learning??? We already know MH made it more simplistic at first for Favre and added more as he progressed.

The more I hear and pick up from MM the more he reminds me of Infante by making things more complicated, though MM still runs same plays

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +582 / 2
    Chuck Fairbanks, now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile...

4. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +726 / 5
    Interesting read, but I wonder if resurrecting an old offense that's been dormant for this long is a wise choice? It means a complete retooling of the offense.

5. Terranimal

Terranimal Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    It does TW, but based off what Mark wrote it would seem a lot easier for players to learn and more adaptable to young WRs that enter NFL not knowing full route trees.

Also some teams are currently running this or some form of it like the Pat's. Also seems adaptable to where strengths are whether WRs or like TEs that Pat's use...

Sometimes I think NFL coaches out think themselves and make things overly complicated when they need not be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. diesel

diesel Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 3
    Very good read, and thanks for posting it. Seems like a very enticing system. Beautiful in it's simplicity