Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

Anything is possible...it's also possible he is lying out his teeth covering his backside. See I can play that game too.
Exactly. Damage control. Control the message yet McG scooped them before they could control the message. He looks like a buffoon if they prodded him of the decision.

I think Ball might be front runner for this job. Murphy has said don't need personal/scouting experince to be considered for GM job. Ball has none of that. Could see Ball get GM job were then TT is his player advisor when it comes to the draft.
Given Ted's latest drafts, I'm dead set against that. This defense will NEVER get fixed! On the other hand, we'll always have great receivers and UDFA's! Yeesh!

RP... wasn't trying to be a smartass. I really truthfully don't know 100%. The normal sources are all over the board. I still have some good people that pulse GB... They all say it's mixed signals or went dead silent since last night.

My take...IF it was the BOD that told Murphy to do this, then he doesn't have the power and control Harlan did. Harlan was granted complete control without BOD interference.

Given Ted's latest drafts, I'm dead set against that. This defense will NEVER get fixed! On the other hand, we'll always have great receivers and UDFA's! Yeesh!
I would be disgusted. You need football experience. I understand that the staff is important but the leader needs to know football, not just contracts.

RP... wasn't trying to be a smartass. I really truthfully don't know 100%. The normal sources are all over the board. I still have some good people that pulse GB... They all say it's mixed signals or went dead silent since last night.

One of the greatest things about Packers fans, especially this forum, we love our Packers and we rarely disparage the outgoing regime. That's a testament to the knowledge and respect of this forum's members. Ted did great things. We'll forever be grateful. Time is now up and we move on. His legacy will be decided upon later. Once the smoke has settled.

My take...IF it was the BOD that told Murphy to do this, then he doesn't have the power and control Harlan did. Harlan was granted complete control without BOD interference.

And it makes him look like a buffoon. If so, then his job should be on notice. Capers was left in position way too long. If Murphy wasn't aware, or paying attention then I question his leadership. This might run deep.

Or could be Murphy was hired for the business side more so then football side of things and is the face and mouth piece for the BOD

Or could be Murphy was hired for the business side more so then football side of things and is the face and mouth piece for the BOD
Then the board should have acted a few years ago, especially in regards to Capers.

No doubt the executive board was less than thrilled with how the season played out and TT's behavior of recent and let Murphy know their feelings. Doesn't mean they told Murphy to can TT but he know doubt got the hint. Now that could be construed that the told Murphy to can him or in Murphy's mind that he made the decision. Got to say I can see why Murphy and TT don't do press conferences as todays was an embarrassment to the Packer organization. Should have been better prepared but not sure we didn't see Murphy at his best.

Back