Tailgating recipes and other great food necessities

Discussion in 'Curley's Pub' started by Mark87, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Terranimal

Terranimal Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    Seen some updates here...cool and keep 'em coming. I printed off a bunch and kept the ones from the site also back when we there years ago.

2. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +690 / 1
    This past winter, I got into smoking meats, poultry, and fish. South Texas is perfect for it in the winter. I bought a Master Built 30" electric smoker with digital read out, and started using it last winter. Never been happier about cooking. I'm our official smoker!

I've done briskets, pork shoulders, turkey breasts, beef/pork burgers, salmon (my favorite), and sausage.

This winter I intend trying as many of the recipes listed above as I can for friends coming over to watch Packer games with us on Sunday Ticket. We gather outside, under our 45' carport, and everyone brings their own drinks, and a dish to pass. We add the meat to the table. I'm gonna find out how many of these Canadians, and people from all over cold climates really like tailgating, Wisconsin style. The only thing different is that it will be about 70-75 degrees outside, and there won't be any radar images of snow on it's way.

3. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,116 / 0
    BBQ Chicken Bacon Skewers

BBQ Chicken Bacon Skewers
    Serves: 12
    6–7 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon lemon pepper
    2 tablespoons sugar
    6 slices bacon, uncooked, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    Barbecue sauce (I use Stubb’s)
    10–12 12-inch metal skewers

PREP. Rinse off the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. In a large Tupperware or Ziploc bag, mix chicken and salt. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes. Pulse bacon pieces in food processor until it forms smooth paste, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add spices and blend a few more seconds. In a bowl, use your hands to coat chicken with paste. Thread chicken onto skewers. Make sure paste is between the chicken cubes and evenly distributed over chicken without clumps.

GRILLING. Heat grill to high. Place kebabs on grates and cook, turning occasionally for about 10 minutes or so until well browned on all sides (a little bit of char is good). In last few minutes, brush kebabs all over with barbecue sauce as you rotate to finish cooking. Remove kebabs from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.

“Sweet Fire” Porterhouse Pork Chops

Prep time: 5 minutes
    Cooking time: 10 minutes
    Rest time: 3 minutes
    Serves: 4
    4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
    Zest of 1 large orange
    2 teaspoons garlic, minced
    1/3 cup honey

In a small bowl, stir oil, ground chipotle, salt, orange zest and garlic together into a paste. Using a rubber spatula, spread chipotle mixture over both sides of pork. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.

Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Place chops on grill and close lid. Grill over direct heat, turning once, about 4–5 minutes per side, until the internal temperature of the pork on a meat thermometer measures between 145°F. (medium rare) and 160°F. (medium). During the last 2 minutes, brush chops on both sides with honey. Remove from grill and let rest for 3 minutes.