Super Bowl LI Grounds Crew Selected

oakleaf

Reaction score
After the botched Hall of Fame Game Grounds Crew performance to unofficially open the 2016 NFL season, Roger Goodell has decided to give the caustic Crew with no clue the opportunity to redeem themselves by closing the NFL season as the official Super Bowl LI Grounds Crew. "NRG Stadium's new field uses the same artificial turf as the field in Canton. I have no doubt this Grounds Crew will congeal and have the experience on the care of it by the Super Bowl game", says Goodell. When asked about the Hall of Fame Game performance of his Crew, Head Groundsman Dick Bensen had this to say, "Hey back off, it's just one game, man. We may start slow but we'll be hot at the end! We are looking forward to ending the NFL season in Houston in an equally exciting way."

So instead of demoting or firing the crew for poor performance Goodell gives them the job for the biggest game of the season....that makes sense.

Why doesn't Houston's field crew get to manage the field. It is their turf.

Why doesn't Houston's field crew get to manage the field. It is their turf.
You'd think, right? I guess Houston's field crew just doesn't have the experience Canton's crew does with rubber pellets and caustic solvents.

So instead of demoting or firing the crew for poor performance Goodell gives them the job for the biggest game of the season....that makes sense.
C'mon Shrine, cut them some slack! Do you know how hard it is to plan for an annual event scheduled several months in advance and have the field ready in time?

Okay. Oakleaf nailed it. Here's a breakdown of what he said in layman's terms.

In the Standard Model of particle physics, particles get their mass through something called the Higgs mechanism. The Higgs mechanism is based on the existence of a Higgs field, which permeates all of space. The Higgs field creates a type of particle called a Higgs boson. For the Higgs field to create a Higgs boson takes a lot of energy, and physicists have so far been unable to create one.
The weak nuclear force falls off very rapidly above short distances. According to quantum field theory, this means that the particles mediating the force — the W and Z bosons — must have a mass (as opposed to the gluons and photons, which are massless).
The problem is that the gauge theories described in the preceding section are mediated only by massless particles. If the gauge bosons have mass, then a gauge theory can’t be sensibly defined. The Higgs mechanism avoids this problem by introducing a new field called the Higgs field.
At high energies, where the gauge theory is defined, the gauge bosons are massless, and the theory works as anticipated. At low energies, the field triggers broken symmetries that allow the particles to have mass.

In other words, they screwed up, and paint didn't dry, and was toxic.

No onions were injured or killed in the development of my post. Just pointing out Oakleaf's totally accurate assessment of how the NFL handles their problems. Theoretically that is. Assuming they ever really admitted they had a problem.

I had a good chuckle Oakleaf. Humor is out there in just about everything, as we both know. Even when you're the one getting whapped in the face with the pie. Make mine triple-berry. I love that stuff!guru(

Back