Quintez Cephus announces leave of absence from Badgers

The incident happened in April. He was not arrested

Some info regarding WI Consent :
Wisconsin actually has two ages of consent. The first age of consent is 18. Once you turn 18, you can consent to any sexual activity so long as you’re sober, you’re not handicapped and you’re not under the influence of drugs. If you are under the age of 18 but you’re 16 or older, you can only consent to sexual contact. In the old days we might call that fondling or touching or getting to third base. But the fact of the matter is if you are 16 or 17 and you engage in intercourse, our state views you as a victim.
Conversely, if you are the person having sexual intercourse with someone who is 16 or 17, you subject yourself to at least a misdemeanor sexual assault charge. Most significantly, there is absolutely no circumstance under which sexual contact or intercourse with somebody under the age of 16. It is and always will be a felony, and a felony for which lifetime registration can be ordered and prison can be ordered. So, if you are accused of having contact with or relations with anyone under the age of 16, you need to be quiet, call a lawyer and get your ducks in a row.

UPDATED: #Badgers WR Quintez Cephus facing two charges, 3rd Degree Sexual Assault and 2nd Degree Sexual Assault-Intoxicated Victim

He's history. The intoxicated charge is rarely beaten. It's such an easy charge with very little proof needed. Just having been at a party is enough to put him in the trick.

Time to move ahead. I wish him well, no matter what happens.

Yup, he's gone. Highly doubt he ever plays again at UW. Also some stuff flying around that Danny Davis was present when this happened. Wonder if anything happens to him.

Damn! This is the crap we expect at some other schools, not Wisconsin.

Damn! This is the crap we expect at some other schools, not Wisconsin.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm surprised we don't hear about more often at Wisconsin, to be honest, given the reputation campus life carries around here.

I very much hate these 'he said-she said' situations as it can make it difficult for actual justice to be metted out, whether that's towards the proven allegation or against a false accuser.

I've felt for years that the difference maker in keeping these guys on the straight and narrow is the closeness of the players to each other. It's a point of not letting your peers down. I do understand what you mean about the campus life situation. I can attest to that being the case all the way back to the early 60s. I could tell you stories about a lot of well known characters who played for Wisconsin who enjoyed campus life to it's fullest. I know, I partied with them whenever I was back in Wisconsin.

Yeah more goes on around campus that gets to be made public. Many time kids are in lets say a "difficult" situation and campus police call coaches so it does not "escalate". And yes it has happened, not to this extent to other players such as Corey Clement. Yes it happens at Wisconsin as does a lot of other "events" that happen at other Power 5 schools

Back