Q&A with Ted Thompson

Ahh, good read.

For years now I've referred to him as Ted "Sweatshirt" Thompson. In a big interviews he seemed to always show up at the podium wearing a sweatshirt instead of a sharp dress shirt & tie like the sorts of Lombardi and other famous GM's use to.

When he's gone methinks Packer nation will miss him dearly. Kind of a quirky sort of fellar, but it's hard not to take a liking to him, especially after this long.

Last edited:
Ahh, good read.

For years now I've referred to him as Ted "Sweatshirt" Thompson. In a big interviews he seemed to always show up at the podium wearing a sweatshirt instead of a sharp dress shirt & tie like the sorts of Lombardi and other famous GM's use to.

When he's gone methinks Packer nation will miss him dearly. Kind of a quirky sort of fellar, but it's hard not to take a liking to him, especially after this long.

Ted did dance around and not answer some of McGinn's questions. ch(

I am not a big fan of McGinn but I usually think he is ok. Nor am I a cheesehead) for TT. But I thought some of McGinn's questions were ridiculous and very leading. He was dumb to think that TT would go near those questions. IMO McGinn looked petty.

I agree poor journalism. He's not even being subtle. McGinn is clearly berating him when it comes to the issue of holding back personnel from being promoted. He sounds like Tom cruise in a few good men and not a professional writer talking to
a pro gm

Yet McGinn is considered one of the more critical, "call it as it is" Packer writers.
Wouldn't you rather a guy who challenges the top brass as opposed to raw-raw, Go Pack Go journalism.
In my opinion, too much homerism in Green Bay land sux. packer.com is perfect for that.
I tend to like what Bob McGinn does..

Back