Pre Draft "What Do The Packers Need To Do To Get To The SB" Thread

Cheese is right about the organization, but I can't add much to what he's said. So I'll go with the more incremental things I can put my finger on.

1) Add a CB with some speed. Don't care if he's a legit #1 shut-down type. I just want a guy who can run with someone. I don't care if it's a rookie or FA, but I'd like one of each if I was the GM. I want depth so they are not forced to play guys who are injured or not getting it done.

2) Don't screw up the OL because you are cheap. Sign both Tretter and Lang if you can make it work, but for cryin' out loud, don't let them both walk. Draft a replacement if you lose one! Do not place your trust in UDFA's or practice squad guys.

3) Re-sign Cook.

4) Draft a RB, preferably one with some speed who can catch passes other than just simple dump-offs.

5) Somewhere in the first 2 rounds, simply draft the best player/athlete available. I don't care what position he plays just add a guy who can be a difference maker in some way.

#1: Agree with Nerd, we need a new training staff. Every year we seem some of the highest injury lists league wide. These guys have tried everything from changing diets to yoga. Clearly they seem clueless. Change needed big time!

Draft:

Rd 1.) Forget positional need here. That is what keeps regressing our talent level every year. It doesn't help that TT also has a bad drafting record with DL and OL in first two rounds also. But often times compounding the issue is he reaches for players in rd 1 thinking he's smarter then everyone else...see Sherrod/ Justin Harrell.

What we need is an impact player that has a chance of developing into a Pro Bowler or at least a very solid starter. So if that means a RB or WR instead of reaching for a Corner/DL position that's been picked over so be it! Stick to Draft Theories by taking BAP.

Also don't think he's smarter then everyone else by drafting a player out of position. He's done for years when he drafted Tackles for Guards, DE for OLB, and Safeties for Corners.

Imo TT has to hit this year on his first 3 Picks. That said however, If he made a big trade up in Rd 1 to get one of the top 2 Corners would be good with it, though don't realistically think he has a shot.

On the other hand the Top 2 needs imo has been the same. That is a CB and OLB. So if he stays Pat in Rd 1 and has to trade up in Rd 2 but nets 2 good starters, that would make my Draft.

The rest of the needs, talent upgrade, back ups, or developmental players can be had later through Rds 4-7 and he can trade around there.

Back