Post Game Thread : Packers Knock Off Rams 24-10

DEFENSE - again playing as a unit - another great week for them. Several times though I swear St. Louis Gurley was going to get his wheels turning and burning especially the 2nd Quarter. Packer defense stepped right back up again. Packers defense INT the balls and the defensive touchdown (Quentin Rollins) all helped out.

AROD - Had another off week especially between he and the wide receivers + the INTS. St. Louis defense picked. St. Louis Defense did a hey of a job shutting down Packers running game in view that when Lacey and Starks get their motors running they can be formidable.

October/November - High injury attrition games (in my mind that can have the most severe and lengthy injuries). Packers got to get as many healthy as possible and keep 'em that way for the 2nd half including final stretch and get into the post season.

Were the Packers perfect today - no - they got the WIN. Whole lotta of that "weird stuff" with the INTS - etc - I though I was watching like the keystone cops silent movie - only instead of cops they were two football teams.

I am going to have to go rake leaves this afternoon to let the nerves settle down. Glad for the win. - Kaye

Great game by Rollins. He deserves the defensive game ball. Tons of sacks. The defense saved our butts again.
Lacy kept trying to run up the middle where there was no opening. Don't get that.
Aaron's non interceptions are over big time.
We knew it would be a tough battle but they pulled it out. The bye can't get here quick enough with all the injuries.

Full disclosure I didn't see the whole game. But what I did see was ugly. But a win is a win is a win. 5-0 is a great start to the season...

I would be lying if I said i'm not a little worried about the offense. only 17 points 2 weeks in a row... But at this point as long as the D keeps playing like they are the offense has time and support to get things back on track...

Pass rush was outstanding today. Really forced the Foles to make some rushed throws and picks.

The offense is struggling, clearly. Guys just are not getting separation even with Rodgers having time in the pocket. I imagine that losing Lang for a significant period of time will hamper our running game as well.

Hopefully, getting Adams back will make a difference there, but we're really really missing Jordy.

thumbsup

Clay - Beast.

Rollins - Huge day from the rookie.

The defense in general - 4 picks, kept Bradford under pressure all day.

J. Jones - Catch and run was huge.

thumbsdown))

A. Rodgers - Not his best day. Didn't take care of the ball like he normally does (though to be fair both picks weren't bad decisions and the second one is questionable at best). Off all day in general.

R. Rodgers - Cost the Packers between 3-7 points on one drive.

Masthay - Hopefully he finds his way off this list at some point.

Injuries - still absurd.

as disappointed as i am in how our offense has performed the last two games, i am overjoyed that our defense has been playing so well. i really hope we can figure out how to maximize the players that we have on offense. and i hope that rodgers can climb out of this funk he seems to be in.

and still, i have to keep reminding myself. we are 5-0. we have not only beat those five teams but we have beaten them by more points than we were expected to in every case.

i don't know that i would go so far as to say that this was an ugly win. i don't think the defense was ugly. the offense . . .

Feel like that's a game they lose in years past. Injuries definitely hurting the o right now but that's a good rams d so not shocking they played well. Gurley got his but the pass d was great. This year's d might have the best combo of rush and coverage of any pack d in a long time.

You have to be happy with this win.

Defense: If it was not for the 55 yard run by Gurley, we would only have given up 100 yards on 30 carries. I can deal with that every game. When a team runs the ball 35 times you are bound to give up a big run eventually.
4 turnovers and 10 points given up. We cannot complain.

Offense: Give credit to the Rams D. They shut down Lacy and Starks. Although, we only ran 18 times combined all day (minus Rodgers). I thought we could have committed to the run more.
Overall, I thought the line played ok; especially, with Lang being injured. AR was definitely off today but Richard Rodgers dropped a probable TD and made a ST's mistake that cost us 3 points.
That could 34 points instead of 24. Hardly a bad day points wise offensively.

Negatives: We really miss Jordy and Adams. I am not sure if they are doubling Cobb but he does not seem to get open all that much. Our young WR's are just not getting open. This is a big part of the offenses struggles.

Positives: AR played like crap and through 2 picks and we still won by two TD's. Our defense is playing very well right now.
If our defense can continue this all year and into the playoffs and the offense can hit it's stride at the end of the year, look out rest of the league!
Also remember, we have played some really good defensive lines out of 4 weeks. (Seattle, Chiefs, and Rams) The rest of the way is easier in that regard. Not a cake walk but easier none the less.

Back