Post Game Thread : Packers Hang On And Defeat Chargers

We've seen the offense play at a high level this year. We've seen the defense play at a high level. We haven't seen them put both together yet. Kansas City is probably the closest we've seen to both units playing well. So I guess I don't know that the team hasn't peaked yet, but I feel pretty confident they're capable of much better when they stop shuffling personnel around and figure out how to be consistent offensively without Jordy and Lacy (who I assume is locked in his twin brother's basement or something).

For the record, I just want to say that I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I think you're quite probably right. It's just that I've been fooled and disappointed by this team a few too many times, and tend to be cautious about getting overly optimistic.

That said, there really is legitimate reason for plenty of optimism. I just want to see how the coaching staff responds to the offense being somewhat stuck over the last two games. If they find an answer and make the right adjustments against the Denvers, I'll be very encouraged. If they don't, well... I'll remain cautious.

Had to look twice to make sure I hadn't written that, Tundra. :) Because most forums to which I post aren't nearly as mature as this, I'm always having to go into a long dissertation on the subject. You certainly summed it up nicely.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but coincidence is interesting. In another pretty stable forum, a poster addressed my stance on "a-win-is-a-win" better and quicker than I usually do. I've saved both posts just to save time when debating the two topics - I can just plagiarize, cut-and-paste, instead of having to spill my guts every time. Thanks. :)

Don't want to hijack the thread, but coincidence is interesting. In another pretty stable forum, a poster addressed my stance on "a-win-is-a-win" better and quicker than I usually do. I've saved both posts just to save time when debating the two topics - I can just plagiarize, cut-and-paste, instead of having to spill my guts every time. Thanks. :)

A win is a win. Now. Let's see it.

Tough battle. Lots of injuries to WR's. I hope that the offensive minds can come up with some plays that accentuate the positives on offense.

The defense made the plays when their backs were to the walls. But let me say that I never expected Rivers to have the kind of game that he had. That's the kind of stuff that we are accustomed to seeing out of Aaron. hof(to Rivers.

I was surprised that they did not utilize Starks more than they did. I don't know if that was Aaron or the design of the offense. It did look like on one play that Aaron may have dinged his shoulder but I didn't notice anything after that.

It was nice to see that Janis did catch a few and I think it was out of necessity that he was playing more.

I hope that they are rested and pretty much healed when they come back because they are on the road for Denver and Carolina and those are going to be tough games.

Back