Post Game Thread : Packers Hang On And Defeat Chargers

First great thread ! Outstanding thoughts and discussion today ! br)

Blitz completely agree on the cat/mouse comment. He's taking his own offense out of sync.

On Cobb he's playing in a harness and isn't 100 %. I think he re-injured it last week and Rodgers tweaked his left shoulder this week.

I said it on shout and really believe this team is more banged up then we are being told.

Looks like teams are defending Rodgers the way they used to defend Colts-era Peyton or the Warner/Faulk-era Rams: with long clock-killing offensive possessions to keep them off the field. That was a lot of dink and dunk by the Chargers. Was afraid the defense was going to die by 1000 paper cuts.

Don't know about this week but last week cobb was getting lots of double teams all game.

Since we can't see that live it is hard to say but on at least 1 replay I saw him getting doubled.

Seems the smart thing to do. Take out randall and force janis / Jones to beat you.

Goes back to missing davante.

Without Jordy Nelson (and Davante Adams and, for most of the game, Montgomery) teams are creeping up on the LOS, and doubling Cobb. That takes away the space underneath. And I don't think Jeff Janis is yet the guy that will force teams out of this configuration.

Last year thru 6 games Rodgers was 122-189 for 1419 yards, 15 TDs and 1 INT
This year he is 124-182 for 1491, 15 TDs and 2 INTs.

Last year the Pack was 4-2 thru 6.
Consistent hey?
Wow. Rodgers has twice as many interceptions. I didn't realize that. No wonder the offense is struggling! :D

I think the big difference is the defense. When they struggle like they did yesterday, the outcome is nail-biting. Hopefully, they can get healthy over the bye week and STAY healthy! If they can do that, this team will be downright scary.

I agree that we need to run more, especially when it's working.

I'm willing to have some empty drives if it means we're not turning the ball over by trying to force passes to WRs who don't know what they're doing. Yeah, Favre had some connections to the likes of Billy Schroeder. But as usual people forget about the interceptions. Nothing affects wins and losses more than turnover differential. Rodgers is missing his #1 WR (Jordy), his #3 WR (Adams) and #5 WR (Montgomery). His #2 WR (Cobb) is clearly limited by the shoulder injury. And I think the #4 (James Jones) is dealing with a hamstring. And don't forget about Quarless. We have 1 healthy TE who's even remotely NFL caliber. I though Rodgers played fine this week (McGinn gave him 3 1/2 "footballs" out of 5). The week before he was terrible. But you can't take that many weapons away and expect the offense to not miss a beat.

They were missing an important player at each level of the defense as well with Raji, Burnett and Perry out. Maybe a year ago those don't seem like big losses, but Raji and Perry have been playing excellent football this year. 500 passing yards is still unacceptable, but sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team, too.

I feel like the last 3 weeks or so were all about survival as we tried to get healthy for the bye week. Survive and advance. I expect the team to get better as the season goes on. What's exciting is that we're not nearly at our peak yet and we still haven't lost a ballgame. :cool:

I agree, Jeremy. I wonder if some really good receiver could be had cheap (low draft pick)? Someone like a Steve Smith or another really bad team like Tampa willing to part with a vet, like Vincent Jackson? Don't know if Ted would do that. But after awhile you need to do something, I would think.

LOL, can you imagine Steve Smith with AR? "I know Steve was open but he didn't answer a question in the classroom on Thursday exactly as I wanted him to, and until he does that then...." ::gets cut off by a baseball bat being swung into his face by Smith::

The chances of adding major payroll ( Smith Jackson) are slim and none. If there is a street free agent out there yes I could see it

A little something for everybody in that game.

If you like Packers wins, that game was for you.
If you like close games with dramatic finishes, that game was for you.
If you like complaining about stuff, that game was for you.
If you hate Dom Capers and want him fired, that game was for you.
If you're part of the Janis cult, that game was for you.

It wasn't pretty, but we survived and got to that all important bye week where we can hopefully heal up and make the "big push" toward the playoffs as Vince Lombardi would say.

This post made me laugh. rofl(

Back