Post Game Thread: Packers Dump Bears 31-23

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
They started slow, and the Chicago Bears took the lead on three separate occasions in the first half, churning out yards in bunches.
They made mistakes, evidenced by three defensive penalties committed on a single drive in the second quarter, a drive that ended with a rushing touchdown by Bears’ tailback Matt Forte.
And then, with the game undecided in the fourth quarter, with the Bears on offense and a chance to tie with a touchdown and 2-point conversion, the defense for the Green Bay Packers jolted to life to prevent hysteria.

A win is a win is a win. I need to keep telling myself that and feel happy about it. But damn that defense.

Peppers clay Elliot randall. U guys come on the team bus. The rest of the defense find your own damn way home that was ****.

I'm not looking forward to Wilson Lynch graham after that defensive crap fest. Bears oline isn't even that good Seattle is better.

The offense came away with 31 which is what I expected but oline was a bit rusty. Bak had a subpar game and I think bulaga had a hold too. At least Rodgers stayed relatively clean but a lot of it was his evasiveness too.

A win is a win is a win. I need to keep telling myself that and feel happy about it. But damn that defense.

Peppers clay Elliot randall. U guys come on the team bus. The rest of the defense find your own damn way home that was ****.

I'm not looking forward to Wilson Lynch graham after that defensive crap fest. Bears oline isn't even that good Seattle is better.

The offense came away with 31 which is what I expected but oline was a bit rusty. Bak had a subpar game and I think bulaga had a hold too. At least Rodgers stayed relatively clean but a lot of it was his evasiveness too.

It looked like the Packers usual early season awfulness. Guys just missing tackles and blowing assignments by doing too much or reacting a step slow. They'll need to clean it up and luckily they'll get scouted looks on tape as we go forward.

Sloppy game. Packers once again let the run game burn them bad. Also once again poor tackling. This game had to drive staff nuts as tons of mental mistakes out there today allowing big plays and penalties.

But it is a win so can go home with their head held high but do have many things to fix up before taking on Seattle next week.

It almost seemed like they were calling the right defensive plays but the d-line, LB's and CB's were missing tackles.

Pathetic effort on defense. This game was single handed won by AR and Jones.

The defense was not good. I thought Randall did well on his 1st outing. Shields may as well have stayed home. Can't believe that he is our #1CB. Lot's of work to do. Matthews; Peppers and Montgomery were outstanding.

Right now while Shields was by far the worst guy on the defense today besides Peppers and and Matthews no one on defense came out smelling like a rose.

Right now while Shields was by far the worst guy on the defense today besides Peppers and and Matthews no one on defense came out smelling like a rose.

Saying Shields had a bad game is an understatement. That guy spent more of the day on the ground than standing up. Game ball has to go to James Jones for essentially having a very Jordy Nelson day after being cut by 2 teams. Obviously Aaron also had a great game, and Ty Montgomery looks like a real return man, which is great.

All in all, a win's a win.

Offense: (A)

Don't know how much more you could ask given how our defense couldn't get off the field and give Aaron more T.O.P. O-line had some iffy holds called against them, but otherwise it was the same highly efficient unit as last year. Lacy looked energized and the receivers were sure-handed. Is anyone questioning the James Jones acquisition now?

Defense (D)

Honestly, the only thing keeping this from being a flat out F was that I thought we generated a good pass rush against an underrated O-line. Clay and Peppers were their usual dominant selves. Everyone else needs to go back to tackling school apparently. I know the Barrington injury crippled our depth, but why is Nate Palmer even on the field at this point? He gets manhandled on the edge, and isn't quick or strong enough to be an effective inside blitzer. He's passable in coverage I suppose. Raji had some moments, but overall him and Pennell were invisible for most of the game and couldn't hold the inside. Pass D was better but not by much. Shields was awful and Clinton-Dix looked like a shell of what he was last year. I think the secondary really needs a healthy Morgan Burnett, if anything more for his communication skills.

Special Teams (A-)

Huge question mark going in, but other than the bonehead Shields offside penalty, I thought it was overall a pretty good outing. Crosby and Masthay didn't need to show much, but when they did I thought they kicked well. Montgomery looks legit on returns. So glad we finally have an electric return man without having to have Cobb pull double duty.

Back