Post game Thread: Green Bay Squeaks By Dallas 34-31

I meant to say 50th Anniversary of Super Bowl I. My bad.

Once again, I will say it. This team is Aaron Rodgers.

We do not win a SB in 2011 without him playing out of his mind. It will be the same way this year. Just think if AR does not throw the INT on the deep throw to Adams and hits him like he should have, we go up 35-13 and most likely crush the Cowboys.

MM tried to lose the game by running the ball twice when we had the ball on the 35 yard line and it was tied 28-28. With a QB like AR, you go for the nail and get the first down. Then you get a TD and end it or you run the rest of the time down and kick the winning FG. If Crosby missed that 56 yarder, that is on MM for running the ball and us losing 5 yards to go conservative.

TT does not give us talented enough players to win without AR. We would have won at least 3 SB's by now if we would have been balancing the draft and FA and given AR some help on the defensive side of the ball. But he gets nothing. Unless AR is playing at an MVP level all the time, this team loses. It was proven earlier this season.

I have been watching football and the Packers for 34 years. I have seen Montana, Brady, Favre, Elway, Manning, and Marino. I did not see Starr, Archie Manning, Broadway Joe, Bradshaw or some of the other QB's before I was born. IMHO, Aaron Rodgers may not win 5 SB titles but he is the most talented and accurate QB I have ever seen, hands down. No disrespect to Montana and Brady but he is the best there ever has been. I know the media and so called experts wont give him that title because he has not won the SB's but with what he has done in 10 years without a lot of talent on this team is truly amazing.

Here is hoping that AR continues this amazing run and wins his 2nd SB title. He deserves it.

Once again, I will say it. This team is Aaron Rodgers.

We do not win a SB in 2011 without him playing out of his mind. It will be the same way this year. Just think if AR does not throw the INT on the deep throw to Adams and hits him like he should have, we go up 35-13 and most likely crush the Cowboys.

MM tried to lose the game by running the ball twice when we had the ball on the 35 yard line and it was tied 28-28. With a QB like AR, you go for the nail and get the first down. Then you get a TD and end it or you run the rest of the time down and kick the winning FG. If Crosby missed that 56 yarder, that is on MM for running the ball and us losing 5 yards to go conservative.

TT does not give us talented enough players to win without AR. We would have won at least 3 SB's by now if we would have been balancing the draft and FA and given AR some help on the defensive side of the ball. But he gets nothing. Unless AR is playing at an MVP level all the time, this team loses. It was proven earlier this season.

I have been watching football and the Packers for 34 years. I have seen Montana, Brady, Favre, Elway, Manning, and Marino. I did not see Starr, Archie Manning, Broadway Joe, Bradshaw or some of the other QB's before I was born. IMHO, Aaron Rodgers may not win 5 SB titles but he is the most talented and accurate QB I have ever seen, hands down. No disrespect to Montana and Brady but he is the best there ever has been. I know the media and so called experts wont give him that title because he has not won the SB's but with what he has done in 10 years without a lot of talent on this team is truly amazing.

Here is hoping that AR continues this amazing run and wins his 2nd SB title. He deserves it.

I agree for the most part TW.. Not sure I put Arod ahead of Montana... But even as a lifelong Patriots fan have to admit that Arod is a more talented QB than Brady. Can you imagine if Arod and Sith Lord Belichik teamed up?

I hear what your saying, cheese; however, one of the big reasons Montana has the SB titles was because there was no FA. They had that team core for 6 to 8 years. They were just better than every other team because of that. Couple that with having the dest WR of all time and Montana had advantages.
Montana was very accurate and could also throw on the run but AROD is something a step above. Like I said, I watched Montana too but I still think AR is better.

I've watched a lot of QBs over the years. I tend to believe there's a group of QBs that are all arguably the best in the history of the game. All of them have the skills to be called "the best" in their own right.

But, when you look at what they've done, there are certain things that Aaron Rodgers does that none of them can even think about matching. They may give it a shot in one area or another, but across the board, they don't have the total package that he does.

Rodgers is special because he not only plays the game smart, he actually controls the game, and even when they're getting their butts kicked around the field, he digs deep inside, and does something like he did, against the Cowboys. That pass to Cook was a totally impossible pass, impossible catch, and one that was made up in the huddle, because what the sideline wanted, wasn't going to work, and Rodgers knew it. Or, maybe McCarthy told him, on the intercom, "Do what you think will work." We may never know. But we do know, that with just 12 seconds on the clock, nearly every Packer fan, and even some of the most brilliant minds in football knew, that Aaron Rodgers could pull something off that could put them in position to win the game.

For years, people talked about the hail Mary passes. They worked, a couple of times for teams. Rodgers makes it part of a game, because he knows how to get the ball in the air, and make it catchable, not something that's automatically batted down. That pass can't come straight at the receivers in the end zone, it has to be dropping into the zone where receivers are mixed with defenders. It's a precision pass that's usually thrown over 50 yards.

But it's more than that. Rodgers is the first QB that I've ever seen who can "throw his receivers open," by rationalizing their individual skills at running routes, and throwing to a place he feels they will be, long before they even know it themselves.

If I was starting an NFL team, and I had my choice of every QB who's ever played the game, and is playing the game, to be my QB, who would I take? That's the person I consider the best, in the history of the game. That would be Aaron Rodgers. I'm not going to rank them past him, because it doesn't matter. He offers everything you need as a field leader.

Therefore, the greatest QB who has ever played the game. Just my opinion.

I've watched a lot of QBs over the years. I tend to believe there's a group of QBs that are all arguably the best in the history of the game. All of them have the skills to be called "the best" in their own right.

But, when you look at what they've done, there are certain things that Aaron Rodgers does that none of them can even think about matching. They may give it a shot in one area or another, but across the board, they don't have the total package that he does.

Rodgers is special because he not only plays the game smart, he actually controls the game, and even when they're getting their butts kicked around the field, he digs deep inside, and does something like he did, against the Cowboys. That pass to Cook was a totally impossible pass, impossible catch, and one that was made up in the huddle, because what the sideline wanted, wasn't going to work, and Rodgers knew it. Or, maybe McCarthy told him, on the intercom, "Do what you think will work." We may never know. But we do know, that with just 12 seconds on the clock, nearly every Packer fan, and even some of the most brilliant minds in football knew, that Aaron Rodgers could pull something off that could put them in position to win the game.

For years, people talked about the hail Mary passes. They worked, a couple of times for teams. Rodgers makes it part of a game, because he knows how to get the ball in the air, and make it catchable, not something that's automatically batted down. That pass can't come straight at the receivers in the end zone, it has to be dropping into the zone where receivers are mixed with defenders. It's a precision pass that's usually thrown over 50 yards.

But it's more than that. Rodgers is the first QB that I've ever seen who can "throw his receivers open," by rationalizing their individual skills at running routes, and throwing to a place he feels they will be, long before they even know it themselves.

If I was starting an NFL team, and I had my choice of every QB who's ever played the game, and is playing the game, to be my QB, who would I take? That's the person I consider the best, in the history of the game. That would be Aaron Rodgers. I'm not going to rank them past him, because it doesn't matter. He offers everything you need as a field leader.

Therefore, the greatest QB who has ever played the game. Just my opinion.
Great post!

A couple years ago when asked about calling his own plays, Rodgers said like every QB in the league, he still needed guidance from the sideline. "I think everybody would want a starting point. We all have moments where we have <called the plays>, whether it's a no-huddle situation or two-minute. Everybody wants a starting point. It's tough to have to call every single play, so it's always nice when you can have a good starting point and you can make a slight adjustment if you have to." That's why I say the voice in Rodgers' helmet said, "You need at least 35 yards to get in FG position, sideline pass, stop the clock" as a starting point and Rodgers drew it up from there.

As far as the Hail Mary pass, it seems Rodgers knows how far he can throw, picks his throwing spot and runs into it and lofts it knowing right where it will fall. All the WR has to do is get in the spot and clear it out!

He will be in consideration as the greatest QB and I would also pick him over any other.

I have no idea what to expect for the next game. It feels like the wheels could fall off at any moment and should have fallen off weeks ago and yet they believe so strongly in themselves right now who knows what can happen? I'm just sitting back and enjoying this ride.

Great overall post, as usual rpiotr01, but I chose this part because it sums up my feelings rather succinctly. I would have never guessed that it would go this far. As you've said, it feels as if the wheels could fall off at any time but they keep wobbling along in a fashion that gets the job done. I'm just enjoying the hell out of the ride . Super Bowl or bust.

Back