Post Game Thread : GB Holds On And Defeats Jacksonville

Was bout what I expected. Nothing earth shattering. Some nice drives and some poor drives. I saw some flashes from Joe Thomas. He totally blew someone up on a bull rush and was around the ball a lot. It's good to get a win to start off the season.

That last ffensive drive was so pathetic it was painful to watch. The toss was ridiculous and then the inability to get plays off. I don't think I've seen someone try to call 2 timeouts in a row since the 80s. That was fing stupid.
Rodgers had moments of his MVP self but had a couple stinker moments as well.
Looks like it's Gonna be a wild ride this season.

That last ffensive drive was so pathetic it was painful to watch. The toss was ridiculous and then the inability to get plays off. I don't think I've seen someone try to call 2 timeouts in a row since the 80s. That was fing stupid.

It was odd to AR so flustered in those moments. It was Chris Weberesque, the look on AR's face, when he tried to call a consecutive TO.

Ironically last time I remember someone trying to call back to back timeouts was Mike Sherman.He did it on the game winning FG in OT in the 4th & 26 game vs the Eagles.

McCarthy and Sherman ... never thought they would have anything in common.

A very typical first game. Lot's of rust. Our DB got away with at least 5 holds/grabs today and that won't happen every week. Just lazy technique in most cases. Tired ..hot etc.

Offense isn't fully in rhythm yet... take 3 weeks to catch up so no huge surprise there.

On to the new Queens stadium ...vikings sux

Win is a win but Packers looked rusty to start the year. Got some things to clean up before next week. But a win is good way to build on.

Packers had plenty of positives. OL played well, Eddie had some burst, WR's got seperation on plays.

Negatives play calling seemed the same old lazy play calling, timing appeared to be a issue on some plays with Rodgers and the WRs, TACKLING lot and lots of missed tackles. Need to learn to clean those up. 4th down Every time the Jags went for it on 4th down but at end of game they converted can't allow that.

The Packers got a win but will face better teams then the Jaguars and if they want to win they will need to play better then they did today.

Last edited:
Fun game. Jacksonville will win some games this year. We're now 1-0 on the road. Offense looked pretty good after a slow start. Defense had quite a few 3rd down stops. It's odd to see 5 4th down plays by one team in a game. Odder still for them to get first downs on the first 4. Without that kind of luck ...or skill, the game really wouldn't have been very close.

Scenario - your team has the ball, a 4-point lead, slightly over 4 minutes left, the other guys are out of TOs and it's 2nd-and-2. Question - how exciting do you think the finish should be?

Last edited:
Scenario - your team has the ball, a 4-point lead, slightly over 4 minutes left, the other guys are out of TOs and it's 2nd-and-2. Question - how exciting do you think the finish should be?

They had it in the bag. They were just trying to keep us interested right up to the final whistle.

Not the best game I've seen. But, as was said, a win is a win.

The problem is, if they don't improve their offensive coordination between sideline and field, they're going to have some serious problems. Rodgers trying to call a second time out was pure frustration, and this time around it appeared to be the sideline having called one play, and they sent the wrong personnel package on the field.

Back