Post Game Thread: GB Defeats Pittsburgh

Coaches are not going to let one play each determine how they call the D but I'm sure they've taken notice.

Let's hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

Hundley needs to go. Twice he had a WR break deep and had his man beat and both times he didn't let the ball fly. I am not sure if it is mechanics or mental but he had two long gains that he threw away.

Run defense looked horrible at times. Never get a good angle to see what really happened but PITT got a lot of push from the OL.
HaHa still looked a half step slow. He baited the QB into that crossing route in the end zone for a TD. He tried to jump the route and didn't have the speed to make up the "extra" cushion he gave to the inside. Poor tackling also. Threw himself at the ball carrier's feet multiple times.
CBs looked OK. The one guy who got beat consistently was Goodson. The rest played well. Two pick 6s was awesome.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/18/breaking-down-the-packers-backup-ot-situation/

Good article on the offensive line from preseason game and moving forward.

After finally seeing the replay of the game, I'd say our O Line still isn't very good. No holes for RBs, and everybody from Aaron Rodgers on down was rushed horribly and forced to scramble. When we made plays, it was in spite of the O Line's play, not because of it. Our run defense also wasn't what it should be. If you're gonna have small mobile ILBs, your D Line needs to be stouter than I saw in that game.

The two main talent clusters where we have more good people than we can keep - WR and Corner - got more complicated. I had written off House as good as gone, but he played decent last night. And of course, supposedly lower down wideouts have been outplaying the supposedly better ones. MM still has a depth issue despite all his hot air in his presser.

Back