Post Game: Ravens blank Green Bay 23-0

This team is done. MM and TT should NOT be allowed to use the injuries as a excuse. BUT the BOD will let them off the hook again and give them a pass because they won a SB 7 years ago and thus get a lifetime pass to suck no matter how long after that. If this team had a true owner these two morons would have been fired long ago.

Punt the damn ball and flip the field. The 4th and 1 BS is ego... has to stop.

Poor game plan for what amounts to a rookie QB. He is too out of control. Huddle up the team...run the ball and go short passing game with play action deep. Pathetic job by MM and his offensive staff.

Defense played decent but they should have vs the Ravens.

Tells me that the "go for broke" mentality may have set in. They may just be resigned to the fact that they aren't going to win many games.

So I guess MM said Hundley starting again next week. I don't get that at all. It would be one thing if he was a high pick and someone they had hopes of grooming but he's a 5th round pick for christ sake. If a 5th rounder at any other position played this poorly they would move on to the next guy.

I'm sure Callahan isn't any good either so I guess it doesn't matter who starts. I've always heard about McCarthy and how he "develops quarterbacks" but who has he developed? Rodgers? Eh, I tend to think Rodgers was/is a natural. Brian Brohm (2008) lol. Ingle Martin (2006)? Matt Flynn (2008)? B.J. Coleman (2012)? TT drafted these guys but it's not like McCarthy is some QB guru.

So I guess MM said Hundley starting again next week. I don't get that at all. It would be one thing if he was a high pick and someone they had hopes of grooming but he's a 5th round pick for christ sake. If a 5th rounder at any other position played this poorly they would move on to the next guy.

I'm sure Callahan isn't any good either so I guess it doesn't matter who starts. I've always heard about McCarthy and how he "develops quarterbacks" but who has he developed? Rodgers? Eh, I tend to think Rodgers was/is a natural. Brian Brohm (2008) lol. Ingle Martin (2006)? Matt Flynn (2008)? B.J. Coleman (2012)? TT drafted these guys but it's not like McCarthy is some QB guru.

I'm still looking for all those guys he developed in his QB school. That's another figment of someone's imagination. Since drafting Rodgers, then Flynn, they haven't picked one that's capable of playing in the NFL. If they were smart, Hill would still be in GB, and stepping up next week.

As far as Callahan, I'm not certain he could possibly be worse than Hundley. He should at least be given a crack at it instead of watching the team deteriorate in front of our eyes. You can see it in the eyes of the receivers that they know this guy can't do the job.

Hundley should start next week. Why should Callahan get the crap knocked out of him by the Steelers on the road. That was a game many, if not most of us, put in the "likely loss" column before AR went down. No reason for Callahan to take over at this point. MM told us Hundley was his guy. He needs to own that.

The only thing that went well yesterday was the defense played well enough to win the game. Nothing else was done well. The offense was disgraceful and Hundley was the primary reason, though the coaches did not help him out.

It felt like fools gold last week and I should have listened to my gut. Yes, Hundley made a few plays against the Bears, but on balance he was still not terribly effective other than a few plays. His penchant for letting pressure drop him even deeper should have be coached out of him by now. He needs to step up and laterally to avoid pressure, then make a decision and get rid of it. It's one thing to take a sack, it's another to regularly get chased back 10-20 yards and take sacks that leave you in "3rd and 22" situations. You are not Aaron Rodgers, don't hold the ball. Maybe that's part of the coaching problem. AR does some of that, now Hundley.

The other thing we learned is that Spriggs is probably just a bust. Man, that guy just looks totally lost out there. Looks like we need to draft another OT next spring.

I installed a new TV antenna last year at the hunting shack so we could watch games with better reception. I was happy with that decision on Saturday. Yesterday I wondered why I bothered.

Wow. Glad I didn't have to watch it. Listened to it on the radio and got to hear Larivee say "sometimes you gotta laugh because otherwise you just might cry". Went right down the field to start and threw a horrible pass. Couldn't even get close enough to get Crosby on the field. Shut out by a sub 500 team at Lambeau. Shameful. Breaks my heart, but it's in the past, not one for stomping my feet and calling people names.
My goals have been reduced to two things now:
-Don't be Cleveands only win
-Beat Minnesota

More later, have to go iron my Fackrell jersey. Cuz he came to play!!!hgh)

Last edited:
I didn't like MM's gameplan but I think we can't discount just how crummy Hundley is. The guy can't play in the league. It's not like MM is failing with a competent backup, he's failing with a guy who will be out of the league next year. Top down organizational failure maintaining the QB position on this team, wish TT would show some leadership and show his face and answer for his failure to provide at the position.

I didn't like MM's gameplan but I think we can't discount just how crummy Hundley is. The guy can't play in the league. It's not like MM is failing with a competent backup, he's failing with a guy who will be out of the league next year. Top down organizational failure maintaining the QB position on this team, wish TT would show some leadership and show his face and answer for his failure to provide at the position.

Well said. What's maddening is how we've heard so many glowing things from butt kiss reporters surrounding the team as to how good McCarthy is at grooming QBs. If he was good at grooming them, he would have realized you can't groom a hairless Chihuahua. Hundley just plain can't read defenses, and when he finally figures it out on a play, he throws when a guy is open, and that's too late.

As far as game plan, I've always felt McCarthy's game plans are weak. He's so "script happy" that they can be at halftime before they start to use plays that actually aren't scripted. The only saving grace - with Rodgers - has been his ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage, knowing his players, and their capabilities. Nada with Hundley. He looks confused.

Well said. What's maddening is how we've heard so many glowing things from butt kiss reporters surrounding the team as to how good McCarthy is at grooming QBs. If he was good at grooming them, he would have realized you can't groom a hairless Chihuahua. Hundley just plain can't read defenses, and when he finally figures it out on a play, he throws when a guy is open, and that's too late.

As far as game plan, I've always felt McCarthy's game plans are weak. He's so "script happy" that they can be at halftime before they start to use plays that actually aren't scripted. The only saving grace - with Rodgers - has been his ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage, knowing his players, and their capabilities. Nada with Hundley. He looks confused.
I hate to do this, but........How hard do you have to jump on a 5th round pick? What did you really expect out of a 5th round pick? Mark has explained over and over that MM has the last call on some of these personnel calls for final cuts. I know I've gone on a few rants myself, but make your point and MOVE ON. MM made his bed by putting his faith in Hundley. Personally, I don't think he's had enough reps yet. Plus, Baltimore does have a pretty good defense. It's just going to get worse having to play IN Pittsburgh next week.
As far as TT facing the crowd to explain the deficiency at QB? Are you kidding me? Green Bay has enjoyed 25 years of TOP QB play that has been the envy of the league. You don't replace Superman, you just don't. Hundley looks like crap- YES. How many times do you have to say it? It doesn't make anyone MORE right by saying it over and over and over and over.
There, I feel better. Fans around the league, especially up here in MN, are reveling in our struggle this year. MOVE ON, there is nothing else to do.

Fans around the league, especially up here in MN, are reveling in our struggle this year. MOVE ON, there is nothing else to do.

I've never seen it like this before. I know when Big Ben went down, Romo, etc. I never reveled in their loss because it's such a damaging blow to a season. These guys put a lot into the off-season and in season prep, that to have a QB go down, is just crushing but I've ran into so many other fans that are just loving it that Rodgers is out. Have the Packers become one of those hated teams now? Maybe it's always been that way but this injury to Rodgers as highlighted it, at least in my little world.

Last edited:
Back