Post Game: Packers Squeak By Bucs 26-20

Studs: Lowry, Matthews, Williams and Jones for the win.

Duds: Penalties in the 1st half. Hundley, offensive play calls. Defense....except for Lowry and Matthews.

I agree with Mark. We are darn lucky we won that game. I stick by my theory that Hundley is more nervous at home than he is playing away. I cringe when he throws the ball. 1. It's gone to be overthrown or 2. It's going to be intercepted. It also took until the 4th quarter for MM to let Hundley play in ways that he is comfortable.

I was going to say something else negative and changed my mind. The Packers won. Whew!

Got to agree awful game at best. Right on with the duds, Hundley, coaching, Hundley, coaching and Hundley.

It's a win, technically, but doesn't feel like one. I don't see a lot of difference in over all talent and coaching/discipline/scheme difference making between GB and Tampa. That's about where we are right now.

Could easily lose to the Browns next week IMO. Easily.

It's a win, technically, but doesn't feel like one. I don't see a lot of difference in over all talent and coaching/discipline/scheme difference making between GB and Tampa. That's about where we are right now.

Could easily lose to the Browns next week IMO. Easily.

Feels like the loss of draft position

Had no business winning the game. This isn't a good football team at all. The way we played today no one gets a game ball.

Lucky the Browns are next. Easy win

Browns are not a easy win. Browns while have a poor offense have a decent defense it seems. We have seen Hundley is inept and has no idea what he's doing. IMO does not have it between the ears. Also does not help that we have a HC that plays not to win but plays not to lose. No excuse that we did not go for the win at end of regulation instead of playing to go to OT. You can see why Rodgers hates MM at times because he is so consertive on his offense and refuses to take chances.

Well, we were damned lucky to win. But what a beautiful day to be in Lambeau!
Penalties were plenty and both teams were sloppy in that area. Seven sacks! They held the TB WRs in check all day...
Our run defense was poor and MM screwed the pooch with 3 three and outs to open the second half. Way to hang your defense out to dry! We rushed for over 90 in the first half, came out in the 3rd qtr and IIRC ran three pass plays and punted. Defense was on the field for almost the whole third quarter. Don't laugh, but Hundley has improved. Except for one small detail...he is inaccurate over 15 yards downfield. Those passes weren't even close. So, finally on the last drive MM starts using Hundley's strengths and we walk down the field. Aaron Jones makes a run that no other back on the roster could have made, a little jump cut outside and then a burst to the endzone. Sorry, but that was exciting, even as I felt our draft position slip three more spots.

UPS- Fackrell and Spriggs turned in another mediocre performance (which is an improvement for both) Fack is actually becoming a special teams leader. Spriggs did NOT sh** the bed!
- Aaron Jones is back and we need his ability to create to take the pressure off the Oline. Williams runs damn hard, but he cannot create his own space.
-Pass rush was there. Unbelievably there! It was a revelation.

DOWNS- MMs game management. Why did he kick a FG with 2:01 on the clock. If he would have let the clock go to the two minute warning they may have reviewed the forward progress and we could have had first and goal to win. (or was he clearly short? Looked like a bad spot through the 5 tall boys I had consumed)Also, MMs first nine plays of the third quarter. No excuse. He helped kill our defense.
- Joe Thomas. Terrible. Didn't know who to cover a couple of times and didn't tackle well.
- The fans. Yes! Sorry, but it was feeling more like a ADHD convention and then they did the cardinal sin of fandom and started the wave when we had the ball.

BUT, we won. Believe it or not, we are still in it. You may guffaw all you want, we aren't playing well right now, but the last time we snuck into the playoffs as a 6th seed something very magical happened. Life is full of possibilities.

BUT, we won. Believe it or not, we are still in it. You may guffaw all you want, we aren't playing well right now, but the last time we snuck into the playoffs as a 6th seed something very magical happened. Life is full of possibilities.

Hope springs eternal. You're absolutely right. You just don't know what could happen. The injuries we've had this year are what's keeping us out at this point.

Time to run the table, and hope we get a little help cutting down some of those who stand in our way.

So if Spriggs can show he can be average at RT for rest of season would you go with him as starter in 2018 and cut Bulaga? Cutting him would save $5 million dollars and he's becoming a player you really can't count on to be there with his repeated injury history.

Back