Post Game: Packers Nip The Bengals In OT 27-24

Those kind of stats are very misleading, imo. I think those numbers are more of an indicator of how lousy the Packers' defense has been than saying anything about Aaron. I hate when they say,'Aaron is 0-7 in overtime games.' It's absolutely the ultimate team sport. That record has NOTHING to do with Aaron. sb(

I think you are correct. There were many times early in his career where Arod did in fact lead a comeback only to see the defense give it right back to the opposing team.

This is not a team that will win pretty this year. But there are no style points in the NFL.

We need to hope Bak is ready to play. Murphy is clear that he can't handle the job as he got destroyed all day.

Also wanted to add, Tony Romo was fantastic in the booth. Knowledgeable, excited, playful at times and blunt at others. CBS needs to have their tech guys up their game to keep up with him. A great complement for Nantz, and one of the rare times the commentary actually added to the game. Keep it up!

after re-watching a lot of highlights, game balls to:

• aaron rodgers. no "quit" in that guy. he looked like crap in the first half, but he never gave up.
  • josh jones. 11 tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, and 2 qb hurries. um, why isn't he starting?
  • geronimo allison. big part of the final drive in regulation and super heads-up play in ot to win it.
  • jordy nelson. two td catches
  • lance kendricks. when we brought in martellus and lance, i was expecting kendricks was just an insurance card. this guy came to play. only two catches, but they were big.
  • blake martinez. hope this is a sign of things to come from him. 7 tackles, 4 assists, and a tackle for loss.
  • mike mccarthy - wtf? clearly the packers made some adjustments at halftime. will wonders never cease?

I think Josh Jones might not be listed as a starter all season, but with production like that, he's going to get as many snaps as anyone else on that defense going forward. He and King have the ability to make this defense better - and certainly faster.

Allison is one of those guys that you need to keep and cultivate as the perfect #4/5 guy. Depending on what else you have he could even be the #3. Guy doesn't have a lot of drops, seems to run good routes, and seems to get more YAK than you'd expect with his so-so speed.

Allison is one of those guys that you need to keep and cultivate as the perfect #4/5 guy. Depending on what else you have he could even be the #3. Guy doesn't have a lot of drops, seems to run good routes, and seems to get more YAK than you'd expect with his so-so speed.

It almost looked like MM it AR adjusted to highlight Allison's matchup.

Not a fan of Nantz but Romo did a great job IMO

I didn't watch the game, but caught him when catching up on the highlights. Agree, he's got a future in that box.

lance kendricks. when we brought in martellus and lance, i was expecting kendricks was just an insurance card. this guy came to play. only two catches, but they were big

I was texting with a friend who was at the game who wasn't impressed with Martellus (poor routes, jogging, drops, among other things he said) but stated that Kendricks needs to see the field more

I think Josh Jones might not be listed as a starter all season, but with production like that, he's going to get as many snaps as anyone else on that defense going forward. He and King have the ability to make this defense better - and certainly faster.
I don't know if I posted it anywhere right after the draft, but I have a connection with one of his (JJ) college coaches, and this is the kind of thing I was supposed to write down that we could expect. A guy with a nose for the ball, who isn't afraid to get into the mix. Loves to attack.

Back