Post Game: Packers Come Back And Beat Cleveland In OT

Sorry nerd, I disagree.

Hundley is bad. He cannot throw over 10 yards. Yeah great rating but that was our WR's yac. Sure he can run but that is all he can do. Cannot read defenses and has a slow release. We beat TB and the Browns for cripes sake. Both in OT!

Callahan would be better granted not much better. He has better skills and better accuracy. But we don't have to worry anymore or should I say MM and TT don't have to worry. Their blue chip boy will be back next week. AR will save them again.

FP(

It's possible Hundley played himself into a position where someone will want him, as their back up, next year. I'm not certain that's true, but at least it appears it could be. If he is, and we can get a draft pick - any pick - I'd take it!

With DirecTV, I scooted around games and saw a lot of back-up QBs taking the field. They all looked fairly polished, and capable of moving their teams better than Hundley. Before you say; "Yeah! They have more experience!," remember that we could have a back up QB with more experience if the Packers were willing to carry one, and pay him. They refuse to do so, and that's where our problem starts.

This was not a good Packer win. This win showed that we are just a little bit better than the worst team in the NFL. It proved we could be a 2 game winner for the year, if we didn't have Rodgers at the start. That's what needs to concern us. The talent level isn't nearly as good as a lot of people may think.

Not our proudest moment. They say a win is a win, but that's for teams that finish 6-10, not contenders.
No one expected the Packers to be contenders after Rodgers went down. Many predicted 1 or two wins with Hundley at the helm. He got three and gave them a chance at the playoffs. We will see. Anything can happen once you get in so no the quest to get in starts.

It's possible Hundley played himself into a position where someone will want him, as their back up, next year. I'm not certain that's true, but at least it appears it could be. If he is, and we can get a draft pick - any pick - I'd take it!

With DirecTV, I scooted around games and saw a lot of back-up QBs taking the field. They all looked fairly polished, and capable of moving their teams better than Hundley. Before you say; "Yeah! They have more experience!," remember that we could have a back up QB with more experience if the Packers were willing to carry one, and pay him. They refuse to do so, and that's where our problem starts.

This was not a good Packer win. This win showed that we are just a little bit better than the worst team in the NFL. It proved we could be a 2 game winner for the year, if we didn't have Rodgers at the start. That's what needs to concern us. The talent level isn't nearly as good as a lot of people may think.
I would be shocked if anyone offered anything for Hundley.

Remember that none of those backup QBs has to run MMs system based offense. Could it be that when other teams backup QBs enter a game the OC might restrict their play calling to what their QB can handle? It would be nice if you could explain some of the situations you cite instead of sweeping comments that might or might not exist? There is also NO guarantee that a veteran QB could come in and run this offense in his first year of experiencing it. Look what happened in NY with this system. A veteran starter, in his 2nd year, couldn't make anything happen. Just saying.

The bolded part is easily debunked because we're 3-4 with our struggling QB so how can that prove we'd only win two games in a season?!?!
I'm one of the people that thinks we have more talent than our record. I think Clark and Daniels are good DL, I think Martinez is getting better. King and Randall HAVE talent. HaHa regressed this year, but does have a pro bowl to show for it. (I think he's been hurt). I think TT has drafted well, but his failure is he doesn't shore up weaknesses with FA (prior to this year). I put the majority of the blame on the coaching, especially on the defensive side.
I guess my point is- it's easy to be negative and throw rocks at glass houses. If you predict us not making it to the Super Bowl you are going to be right almost all of the time. It's always easy to predict failure because this is an extemely competitive business. For me? The win yesterday was ugly, but it was waaaaaaay better than losing to Cleveland for their only win this year. So I'm going to smile and laugh at myself for being just a little happy that my team has pulled out two OT wins against some very poor teams. It's better than the alternative.

Don't get me wrong. We have some major problems, but when was the last time we won two OT games in a row? Hell, we usually don't even get the ball back in OT. Plus, I have Davante Adams in both of my fantasy leagues, I just have to smile!

I would be shocked if anyone offered anything for Hundley.

Agree completely. I almost fell out of my chair when the announcers yesterday said people were taking notice of Hundley. Taking notice of what? His passing accuracy to WRs behind the LOS?

Remember that none of those backup QBs has to run MMs system based offense. Could it be that when other teams backup QBs enter a game the OC might restrict their play calling to what their QB can handle? It would be nice if you could explain some of the situations you cite instead of sweeping comments that might or might not exist? There is also NO guarantee that a veteran QB could come in and run this offense in his first year of experiencing it. Look what happened in NY with this system. A veteran starter, in his 2nd year, couldn't make anything happen. Just saying

I don't care what "system" any of those QBs had to run. The fact is, McCarthy and his staff has had 3 seasons of work with Hundley, and he still has to use a gutted playbook when he's on the field. As far as his "wins," they've come against teams with a combined record of 8-31. Hardly the kind of wins against competition that says you got it going for you. It tells me we haven't got a lot going for us, without Rodgers.

A sweeping comment is making a statement without aforethought to variations related to a situation. I did not make a statement until after I had visually compared what I saw from various QBs in action, and how they handled themselves on the field. That's called making an observation. I guess we can both have our own opinions.

I don't care what "system" any of those QBs had to run. The fact is, McCarthy and his staff has had 3 seasons of work with Hundley, and he still has to use a gutted playbook when he's on the field. As far as his "wins," they've come against teams with a combined record of 8-31. Hardly the kind of wins against competition that says you got it going for you. It tells me we haven't got a lot going for us, without Rodgers.

A sweeping comment is making a statement without aforethought to variations related to a situation. I did not make a statement until after I had visually compared what I saw from various QBs in action, and how they handled themselves on the field. That's called making an observation. I guess we can both have our own opinions.
I just asked which games and inferred that I doubt anyone other than ARod can make MMs scheme work. So, unless you have a decent defense (which we don't) or a QB friendly scheme (which we don't) your BACK UP QB is not going to succeed. To imply that a vet back up would be doing any better is just speculation and not a fact. About the only guy the Pack could have brought in to run MMs offense would've been Matt Flynn and I'm not sure he's even in football shape.
You ignore the part where you said 'this proves we are only a 2 win team without Rodgers'. Well, I have seen us win three games in 7 outings without Rodgers and, against all odds, hung tough at the Steelers. I guess my opinion is that we aren't good but the hyperbole that we are only a '2 win' team is just that- hyperbole.
Hundley isn't the reason we lost yesterday, oh wait, we won. Sorry.
Yes, we are a shade of the team we are when we have the best player in the league at QB. I agree.

Agree completely. I almost fell out of my chair when the announcers yesterday said people were taking notice of Hundley. Taking notice of what? His passing accuracy to WRs behind the LOS?
The announcers were also praising MM and we were down 21-7!
My Christmas wish is that Dorsey hires MM to coach and restart the culture of a 'very successful NFL coach' in Cleveland.;)

Is it still to early to proclaim that the Pack is Back!?!?

Back