Post Game: Minnesota Shuts Out Green Bay 16-0

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Perfect ending to this years home stand.... a goose egg stink bomb ! A lot of injuries tonight. Spriggs might be very bad.

Since 1940, the Packers have had six seasons where they’ve been shut out in two-plus games: 1944, 1949, 1970, 1988, 2006, 2017.

First shutout by MN vs GB since 1971.

MM is not in great company with this bunch. Changes are needed.

Not much to say... time for Murphy to do his job and force some changes..

#Packers official post-game injury report:
Spriggs (knee, did not return)
Nelson (shoulder, did not return)
A. Jones (knee, did not return)
R. Rodgers (shoulder, did not return)
J. Jones (shoulder, then returned, then knee injury, did not return)

MM does have one thing in common with Curly Lambeau now - they’re the only two coaches in GB history to be shut out twice in more than one season.

Thing is, I didn’t see a lack of effort. Guys were trying and playing hard. They just played poorly. Drops were ridiculous, Hundley with a couple bad reads, then injuries piling up one on top of the other.

I'd like to say that I thought the Packers had a chance in this one, but that isn't possible. I knew it wouldn't end well. I've seen enough of this season, and so many of them in the past (70s & 80s), that it comes as no shock when things get worse, when you think they can't.

I don't think much will change. The only thing will be that McCarthy and Thompson will privately be put on notice that next year they have to win more than they lose. Nothing more.

But, I do see the possibility of Capers retiring, and Moss moving into his job. On offense, it's all going to remain pretty much the same.

Hopefully the Board of Directors will look past the bull, and pull the plug on this regime, and rebuild this team. It has to happen sometime, why not now?

Vikings lose starting RB and QB: Top 10 Offense
Packers lose same: Shut out twice at home, ranked 23rd

Point being GB needs to stop whining and learn to overcome things. Not sure this group can do that.

Brett Hundley became the 11th quarterback since the merger to throw at least 40 passes and finish with fewer than 150 passing yards in a game.
Brett Hundley at home in 2017: 5 starts, 0 TD passes, 7 interceptions, 2 shutouts, 1 overtime win.

The difference is that Keenum is competent and played above his head this year, and Hundley is not.

Back