Post Game: Falcons Defeat Green Bay 34-23

I went to bed before the second half so will have more thought when I rewatch the game, but for now:

- the OTs were the least of problems on offense. Down by only a TD early in the game, MM went pass wacky with predictable results. Run the damn ball, because you have no choice. You will lose if you don't try, you prolong the game, you risk injury to AR. The opening drive was fantastic, yet abandoned when it didn't work immediately the next time. I hated the game plan and game management by MM.

- AR was sulky and played poorly. He's got a terrible attitude sometimes and it permeates throughout the team. He's got to rally those guys, can't just go through the motions when Jordy drops out. This game was essentially lost in two series bookending the half. He threw that terrible pick down the sideline which led to a TD, then the disasterous backward flip on the opening drive of the second half. Went from a 10 point game to a 24 point game in two drives, that's your ballgame and that's on Aaron.

- Kevin King is our best CB right now, even after limited snaps. Rollins gets turned around and not quick enough, Randall plays small and soft with poor technique. King had his bad moments too but on that fast turf his speed and quickness advantage over the others was obvious.

- Kevin King is our best CB right now, even after limited snaps. Rollins gets turned around and not quick enough, Randall plays small and soft with poor technique. King had his bad moments too but on that fast turf his speed and quickness advantage over the others was obvious.

I totally agree King is our best corner right now, granted it's not saying a whole lot. I think he should be starting next week and it's only a matter of time before he's our number 1 CB.

I also agree Rodgers does seem to have kind of a diva mentality when things don't go his way. His body language can be poor and he can look a little like Jay Cutler. HOWEVER, I don't blame him. TT and MM have wasted his best years like Sherman wasted Favre's. History has totally repeated itself here. I think Rodgers is realizing the window is closing and it must be immensely frustrating for him. Not excusing him entirely, but I understand him.

I didn't think the tackles were that bad all things considered. It seemed like a lot of the pressure came from the interior, and the tackles spent a lot of the day on an island as MM lived in 5 wr spread formations (no help). I would have liked to see more chipping and helping (Bennett knocked 2 guys over with one chip one of the few times they did it), especially since the Falcons were living cover 1 (and daring the Packers to go down the field).

MM refuses to use the run to set up the pass, Atlanta ran the play action to perfection a few times and we act like that style of football is the plague.

Defensively, Secondary was porous and tackling was poor. Atlanta had 2nd and goal on the 2. 7-7 game. GB had two DL on the field. Freeman walked in. Is that Dom's plan going forward? I mean, it's not a very good plan.

Atlanta had 2nd and goal on the 2. 7-7 game. GB had two DL on the field. Freeman walked in. Is that Dom's plan going forward? I mean, it's not a very good plan.

Only thing I can think of is, was Atlanta in hurry up at the time? If so we probably just got caught in Nitro and couldn't sub for another DL. Will have to go back and check sh))

2nd and goal on the 2 tells me they ran a play from inside the 10 yard line, and we should not have been in a 2 man DL at that point anyway. This is purely a matter of poor coaching. I would agree about being caught off guard if it was outside the red zone, but not where the ball was marked.

2nd and goal on the 2 tells me they ran a play from inside the 10 yard line, and we should not have been in a 2 man DL at that point anyway. This is purely a matter of poor coaching. I would agree about being caught off guard if it was outside the red zone, but not where the ball was marked.

What about having Julio Jones being played man coverage with Randall? That's horrendous coaching

What about having Julio Jones being played man coverage with Randall? That's horrendous coaching

Falcs are the NFC champs and GB is playing catch up. Glad this whipping happened early. Maybe it'll focus them a little more.

Neg

Dom Capers. What the hell is wrong with this guy. As a DC you need to put your guys in position to succeed. Having Randall single cover Jones is a joke and not going to work ever. It completely blows my mind that we try to cover a top 3 wr with a scrub. Make the other guys beat us but take away Jones. Speaking of Randall, its time to face the facts that he cant hang with NFL wrs.

Injuries. The list just keeps getting bigger and bigger. So frustrating to see us always so beat up.

MM went pass crazy to early. The 1st drive was a thing of beauty. Stick to the plan

Way to many mistakes. Atl is good, I wont take that away from them, but we did just about everything to help them out. I firmly belive if we played a clean game we are right there with them.

Refs. Man there were some awful calls and drive killers. The call on Marty was questionable at best, and the ref that called it was 20 yards downfield. How the hell can he make that call from his angle. That killed a huge play that ties the game up if we score. Rodgers backwards pass was close also. Prob to close to change it but still.

Pos

For as bad as stuff went both before and during the game the team showed fight. It coulda gotten crazy and been 48-10. The team didn't quit.

King is going to be a good one. The kids athletic ability showed. Sure he will make mistakes but he will get better over this season. He needs to be the #1 now. Let him battle Green next week. Cincy is a bad football team, should be a nice game to throw King in full time.

I didn't lose sleep over this one. It was an uphill battle all game and we got no breaks. Call me crazy but I really think we can beat this Falcon team come Jan. IF we can be healthy for the playoffs we are not that far off from them. Its gonna take a clean game but it can be done. Right now I hope MM does some soul searching and holds himself and esp Capers accountable. there is no way we can trot out this D game plan against good team. Randall should not be trusted to cover good wrs without help. I don't care if the #2 has 150 yards. Take away the #1.

I agree with Budman. A loss at this point of the season is pretty much meaningless, except to end all hopes of 16-0. It can act as a catalyst, to make a team play better. They also learned they might have to deal with a lot of adversity, if they do have injuries to key personnel.

One of the bright spots, and I do mean bright, was watching Kevin King play CB. This guy has come to play, and has some quick reactions out there. Had it not been for the failures in covering Jones, by others, we might not have seen how much potential King has.

Although I expected us to get it handed to us, I in no way am writing off the season. As long as we have Rodgers, and if our tackles, Daniels, Cobb, and Nelson can get back on the field, we could be tougher than nails. In the meantime, we're going to see some guys stepping up, and we're going to find out if they're competition for jobs down the road.

Another thing that was good. Watching Montgomery being a double threat was awesome. That's exactly what we need from him.

It isn't often you can feel good about a loss, but in this case, what it told us, and what we saw from guys stepping up, there's probably more of a high side than we thought there was in a loss, a week ago. We know the Packers can play with the best of them, when healthy.

One of the bright spots, and I do mean bright, was watching Kevin King play CB. This guy has come to play, and has some quick reactions out there. Had it not been for the failures in covering Jones, by others, we might not have seen how much potential King going to find out if they're competition for jobs down the road.
He had that rookie, swagger, for the lack of a better word, where he had an attitude that Julio Jones was just a man. You could see King just playing and not awe struck. It's a bright spot.

Back