Post Game: Carolina Defeats Green Bay 31-24

This game was there for the taking, just as this SEASON was.

We just did not take it.

"Minimal Mike" McCarthy always does as little as possible to barely squeak into the playoffs. This time, it cost us. Are we mathematically eliminated yet?

Superstars running UNCOVERED into the end zone, giving up 70% on third and long, having guys wide open behind the defense, but not getting them the ball. We show we CAN play with these teams, we're just SLOPPY, and that's what finally caught up with us.

"Winning is a habit, so is losing."

Dom can't come back. Consistent confusion amongst the D pre-play and horrible zone schemes killed us as per. Screens and the TE finding holes in the zone, same thing every week

The defense and whatever they are doing out there is staggering. I've said it before. It's one thing if you're just getting beat. But these TE's are running wide open all over the field. I've never seen anything like it. Year in and year out under Capers they just can not find a way to get a guy on a TE.

Honestly they played better than I thought. Carolina is a solid team. We all agree on the defensive issues. I think MM has some off season adjustments to make offensively because we have 2 good RB now.

Not many teams are still playing for something this late. Considering the injuries it could have been much worse this season.

3 picks hurt the d. Not running hurt OL. Again...lucky to be in it.

Do our coaches not look at film and teach the players where to go and who to cover? Can they simplify it so that the same mistakes are not made?

Our bad plays on defense seems to be blown coverages, gaps not being filled properly, and not setting the edge. These seem basic. Maybe I'm missing something, but it happens nearly every 3rd down. We play 2 good downs on defense, then screw up.

Oh well barring a miracle it's off to the ice shanty until spring training.

Another disappointing end to a season. I really never thought Hundley would get us this far so that was a nice surprise.

Maybe an early end will help MM make some tough decisions he would not make had we moved on ?

Dom can't come back. Consistent confusion amongst the D pre-play and horrible zone schemes killed us as per. Screens and the TE finding holes in the zone, same thing every week

He simply cannot come back and I'll go one further and say the whole D staff needs to go. This is one terrible defense and it has been for awhile. I said it earlier, if MM does not can Capers after the season, I'll lose whatever little respect I had for him. It just cannot be accepted anymore.

We are truly spoiled with the 25 year run of QB play. I’m of the mind set there are good/better than average pieces in some key spots but man they are either getting no development from the coaches or the talent is grossly grossly overvalued. Some changes need to be made.

Back