Post - Draft Depth Chart

TW

Reaction score
This article, from Acme Packing, shows how much impact the drafted, and UFDA players might actually have on the eventual Packers roster. It's even less than we'd think.

Of course there will be one or two guys who play themselves up in the depth chart, or play themselves out completely, but that's expected.

Unless we see Thompson pull the string on an unrestricted free agent or two between now and the beginning of the season, it's pretty much same-o-same-o, from last year, with (hopefully) fewer injuries clouding the direction the team goes.

One thing I did notice, and had mentioned in a thread, or shout. They've plugged Biegel in behind Matthews. I still believe they're hoping he can rise to the same level as Matthews, and they can part ways with him next year. It's money, and health that will make a difference with Matthews, if Biegel plays at anywhere near the intensity level of Matthews.

Good layout to really see how the depth chart looks "today."

2017 Depth Chart

Not a bad assessment.

I am not sure Janis makes the team this year. He has shown no improvement. If Yancey or Dupre show anything, I think he is gone.

I am also not sure about Elliot making the team. I think Fackrell is better and I think he can play both sides. If he has gotten stronger and learned how to use leverage than Elliot could also be looking for a job.

Just my thoughts.

One other thing.

The o-line looks major thin. No depth at all. TT is going to regret losing Lang, Tretter, and Sitton.

One other thing.

The o-line looks major thin. No depth at all. TT is going to regret losing Lang, Tretter, and Sitton.

I agree... couple injuries there and it gets hairy quickly.

i'm not at all scared about our o-line. it wasn't all that long ago that we were starting the season with a total of seven o-line players on the roster. but let's just say it's going to be nine this year.
  1. david bakhtiari
  2. taylor lane
  3. corey lindsley
  4. jahri evans
  5. bryan bulaga
  6. jason spriggs
  7. kyle murphy
  8. don barclay
  9. patrick lucas, justin mccray, jacob flores, amichia kofi, adam pankey, geoff gray, thomas evans ???
those first eight guys all have experience in the system. how much depth do you really think we need? o-line backups played a total of 16.2% of the offensive snaps in 2016. most of that was tretter playing for linsley. we have some decent backups - two are second-year players on the rise and one is an established vet with starting experience on the downside of his career. [i know he gets a bad rap from a lot of packers fans, but i think barclay is just as good as marshall newhouse, and newhouse has been a starter for the giants the last two seasons.]

the ninth guy will be a developmental guy who will probably never even be active on game days.

i don't think we really have a lot of room for additional o-linemen.

Back