Playground Football

TW

Reaction score
For the last three years, I've stated that the plays that work best are when the Packers are under pressure, and Rodgers is pretty much calling the shots.

The game deciding pass to Cook was exactly what I've been saying all along. When the chips are down, it's time for Rodgers to call the shots, not anyone on the sidelines, because they don't have the feel of the game that the players do, and can't sense the little things the players feel, and see, on each play.

A play, designed in the huddle, just like on the playground, and it worked. It's still what drives the game, if coaches would just take a moment to realize that there are times you just step back, and let that guy on the field make the decision, because it's him who has to make it happen.

Okay! Jared! Run down 35 yards and cut towards that guy with the red cap!

Skip Baylass referred to this play as 'easy pitch and toss.' So this pressure filled moment, throw across his body on the run 35 yards on a rope down the sideline, toe dragging sliding pass/catch is no different than a dump off to the Full Back off play action.

Agreed! Rodgers called it Sandlot football out there at the end! I tell you what, I thought Rodgers was trying to put himself in a position to throw a Hail Mary. I initially thought he did just that having no clue at first that he just put us in the position for Crosby to win the game! That was a 36-yard perfect pass moving to the left with Cook moving with him.

What I loved was Rodgers said he makes that pass all the time in practice, just trusted "muscle memory", and that it was Cook who made the phenomenal catch; and Cook said Rodgers made the phenomenal throw and all he had to do was make the easy catch. They are playing as a team!

P.S., Crosby is clutch.

Skip Baylass referred to this play as 'easy pitch and toss.' So this pressure filled moment, throw across his body on the run 35 yards on a rope down the sideline, toe dragging sliding pass/catch is no different than a dump off to the Full Back off play action.
Skippy is a troll. The thing is, you call him that and all he has to say is, "Let's compare bank accounts." Only when people stop listening to him and ignoring his goofy comments will it stop. Unfortunately, people eat up that crap.

Back