Pick one UDFA you believe the Pack will keep...

Michael Clark
You can't let a guy with his size and ability go away. He will never make it thru waivers. If anything, he is a red zone guy.

100% chance he makes it thru waivers. The guy is green as green can be and needs time on the PS.

Last year many were saying you have to keep Allison he will never make it thru waivers but he did and ended up on the PS. Allison was a lot more developed then Clark is. As someone said Clark has a lot of potentinal but needs it to be developed. Right now almost every NFL team has their own Clark on the roster. They have a player they think has a lot of talent but is clearly not ready to be on a 53 man roster.

Last edited:
I think we tend to over value our own, especially these UDFA types who come in and get noticed. There's so much more to being a WR than what Clark has shown. If he's fighting to be the 7th WR then he HAS to show something on special teams and the guy is just so raw. He admitted he doesn't know a lot about football right now. Lots of teams would love him on their PS and I imagine GB will want him there too, but not the 53.

I think we tend to over value our own, especially these UDFA types who come in and get noticed. There's so much more to being a WR than what Clark has shown. If he's fighting to be the 7th WR then he HAS to show something on special teams and the guy is just so raw. He admitted he doesn't know a lot about football right now. Lots of teams would love him on their PS and I imagine GB will want him there too, but not the 53.

No doubt about it, we all do it, and the hype thrown out there by the Packers makes it sound like these guys are one notch away from being on their way to Canton!

It's all part of the preseason hype that's supposed to help sell tickets, and get the fan base motivated for the season, and it's not a bad idea. It also helps some of these guys work harder, and show more, getting them at least an outside shot at making the Packers, or some other team.

If I was an free agent like these guys, and someone said; "We need camp fodder. Come on down for a few weekly pay checks. Just don't get comfortable!" I'd probably prefer staying home, and hoping someone else might call, and see some potential in me.

Back